Copying patterns

you could have aswell

2 Likes

If I remember correctly you press function+ the track you want to copy and the copy button. Then select the new track and press function+ paste. To be fair it is in the manual

perfect thanks very much i did actually try to find it in their i must have been missing it i literally printed out the entire thing thanks again tho

no hit function + copy while not in grid mode, copies the whole pattern, go to new pattern, hit function + paste…

sorry for being rude but i get the impression people are getting really lazy these days and it kind of bothers me…

Just to add… you don’t have to go to the new pattern to paste. Hold (in this order) Func+ptn+number+paste. Also works for copying a not currently active pattern.

6 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve used mine, I wasn’t far off. I get you, it is a sign of the times. A quick google search also gives you the answer.

thanks very much i really appreciate it and understand frustration i was apprehensive in asking

thank you

1 Like

It’s right that before asking a question it’s better to read the manual.

And it’s true as well that every answer in this place participates in drawing the mood, so let’s not forget we’re all here because we share a passion for music and let’s keep a gentleman’s attitude please.

9 Likes

If it’s difficult for you to read the manual - it happens - cuckoo made a great tutorial on youtube… Check it out

The buttons func + copy , paste , clear work throughout the. Digitakt…

Using any will work on delay , when typing in a name of a sample , clear a track , copy a pattern … paste a trig ,

You’ll be using them a lot.

cool thanks very much

I must add - because I only discovered that a week ago - that you can also copy the kit (all sounds) of a pattern A to a pattern B (which doesn’t normally happen when you copy a pattern):

2 Likes

Holy crap I’ve had this thing for a year and never knew this. It was my pet peeve. Thank you!

1 Like

the search here allows for quite a few options to narrow results down

https://www.elektronauts.com/search?expanded=true&q=copy%20pattern%20%23elektron-gear%3Adigitakt

most questions have come up, so it’s best to try this too as per guidelines

another tip is to look at results from other machines - Elektrons often use very similar methods for basic copy/paste etc

Plus searching a PDF is a lot easier than browsing a printout :thup:

I believe this wasn’t working until a recent-ish update… so it’s not you!

1 Like

If you do a func+copy when not on grid mode it copies all parameters on all tracks including the kit to wherever it’s being pasted. As far as I remember this has worked since the dt came out.

After the entire pattern is pasted to a new slot one can go into the pattern menu […] and clear the kit, the sequence data, or the entire pattern.

1 Like

I didn’t know you could clear the kit data without clearing the pattern. Cool!

Yeah I meant to say that you could copy only the kit, while preserving sequence data, as the manipulation isn’t too intuitive. You have to:

• Save your project
  • Copy pattern A on pattern B
  • Go to pattern B
  • Use Import pattern menu to reload ‘sequence data only’

Didn’t know about that in the first place :grinning:

Absolutely! Everyone starts out somewhere.

RTFM! But it’s actually very easy to find it online or in a .pdf that Elektron would provide.
And Cuckoo’s tute is great.

But hey!
Good luck in the Elektron world :slight_smile: What a great little box!

1 Like