Copying/Editing multiple steps p locks

Hey guys! Just picked up my Octatrack and loving it, but I’m having some difficulties with some basic functions that I’m thinking should be apparent.

When I’m editing P Locks, I’d like to be able to edit them to be the same for multiple steps. Is there any way to edit multiple trigs at once? When I hold multiple trig steps then edit parameters, it doesn’t add P locks for all the steps I am holding down.

Also, if I have edited a step’s parameters to perfection, and I want to copy this step and its P locks to some other steps, how would I go about doing so? What if I want to copy 4 or so steps and their p locks to another 4 steps? Is this all possible? Thanks a lot, this would make things so much faster and more musical!

I don´t remember the exact button combo. But I know that you can copy an step (trig and/or recorder trig), and paste it in. I´m quite certain that you can do it into multiple different locations at once. Not sure if it´s possible in editing P-locks though.

What you want is mostly doable on the analog series, but sadly isn’t on the OT … bit of a issue when you’re used to it !

1 Like

Hi,

as mentioned you can´t edit or copy multiple steps like on the Analogs.

but you can copy “Scale Pages” (eg. Page 4:4 -> 2:4)

• enter step edit mode -> hold “Scale” + Rec (Copy) -> hold “Scale” + Stop (Paste)

you can copy trigs (and p-locks) one by one

• enter step edit mode -> hold “Trig” (Step) + [b]Rec /b -> hold “Trig” (Step) + Stop (Paste)

2 Likes

Hi,

I found this post from 2015 about the same topic, but was wondering if maybe something has changed since?

I have 20 trigs spread out over 4 pages in Pattern 1.
I want to create a second pattern on Pattern 2 with exactly the same settings for the trigs other than pitch.
After I copy Pattern 1 to 2, is there a way to choose all of the trigs and alter the pitch of all of them half a tone up at the same time, for instance?

You can just copy the page of pattern and the trigs…

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Been a while since I used OT. Is there not a transpose pattern function? Maybe assignable to a scene if it doesn’t work on all trigs per pattern?

1 Like

I think with the arranger the Octa can transpose per patterns or more : per arranger line ?

1 Like

You can change scenes on every arranger line. If you create a scene that transposes… that will work.

but did you know how to make two elektron unit following arranger loops ?

Let’s keep things on-topic and avoid cross-posting please (respond in the specific thread)