Copy/Paste Pattern workaround.....?

Thank you much! I’ll check it out. There seems to be a workaround for everything in this little box.

1 Like

Yes. No alarm clock or timer, but you can do it with OT. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you mean no alarm clock timer?

Throw in a long silent sample with alarm at the end on a static track, adjust start point accordingly! :joy:
2gb 16bit mono file gets you 6.29881582263 hours of timer, just about enough sleep. Start points increment in units of 2.95256991686 minutes, more accurate with slices… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

So wait, what are the differences between copy paste on OT vs A4?

Yeah, analogs can paste without leaving the current pattern…

1 Like

Holy crabapples

1 Like

6.3 hours of sleep isn’t nearly enough (current research is look ting to 8 being a bit less than we should be getting, actually) but I’m sure you could sort out a few hours of padding using trig conditions or the arranger.

3 Likes

In that case set rate to about 40, make sure timestretch is turned on :joy:

6 Likes

Workaround:

3 Likes

Yes! :joy:

Dog is my copilot, OT is my alarm clock. :rofl:

I don’t understand. I copy pattern 1 and paste to pattern 3, it flashes ‘paste pattern’, like its OK… but there’s nothing on the new trig… what gives ???

If possible give me a simple step by step command list of what to do… I followed the Manual Page 12.8.1 —it should work, but doesn’t. Tried it 10 times already.

In Grid Recording Mode (LED on) you copy/paste the active track, not in Grid Recording Mode (LED off) you copy/paste the pattern.

[Function] + [Rec] = Copy
[Function] + [Stop] = Paste

[Function] + [Play] = Clear
Press again to undo.

2 Likes

will try thanks.

ok

This mean you’re in Grid Recording mode. You can’t use the patterrn copy in that mode.
Press the red rec button to exit.

2 Likes

Thanks Sez, works.

How do I add additional samples to a folder I am already working with in a project?I have about 7 samples in a folder I created for the project, with 121 Slots still open. Cant figure out the best way to access them without going to System-USB Drive-Computer, and adding them there. Or is that the only way I can do it? Or can I just go to another Audio Folder somewhere else on the C Flash card and access it? I dont know how to do that… appreciate any suggestions for the quickest way.

Overall, I am starting to understand the OT better than I thought after a few weeks, but obviously hitting a few snags here and there.

Yes you can load any sample contained in the active SET folder. Select a slot and navigate with arrows…

2 Likes

Awesome, Thanks Sez, I was working backwards. Works perfectly!

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Parts