Conversion Problem for Samples Loaded to AR [resolved]

Hello community!

It’s the first time I upload a voice sample and realize how distorted (sounds like putting a warp algorithm for rhythms on a tone sample in Ableton Live) the conversion is. I use the latest C6 app and prepared the samples to have the following properties:

• Sample: 48 kHz sample rate, 16 Bit depth, wav format, less than 5 s
  • C6: Turbo off, L+R, Loop:File, SDS Rec Format: WAV
  • AR: all filters, distortion, bit reduction effects are off
  • AR MIDI settings: INPUT FROM = USB, OUTPUT TO = USB
  • sample sizes: on computer 709 KB, on AR 0.33 MB, so obviously downsampled

On my computer these samples sound normal.
Is there a way to deliver samples that conversion is not turned on? If no, any ideas for improving the sound quality?

Just a thought, are you sending it stereo or mono wav files?

If stereo, it is not downsampling, it is converting to mono since Rytm only plays back mono samples.

2 Likes

And always make sure the sample level is @ 100 or below on the sample page. Its a known behaviour that sample level values over 100 cause nonlinearity in sound. This is presumably also why the sample level value is set to snap at 100 when using func + envoder by elektron.

Not related to quality but if you are up to date use transfer app , much quicker…
Or crunch ( web based 3rd party transfer app)… easy to move things around …

Thanks for your replies!
How many problems are pure user error? At least the majority. So was mine :smile:
Anyway, I thought that on the [Trig] page you not only can switch on/off the Synth and Sample, but also the LFO. Now I realized that the LFO on/off switch is indeed only for triggering. Whether the LFO is on or off for the sequencer is exclusively controlled by the [LFO] -> Depth (and of course Destination) parameters.
In my case Depth was not 0 and Dest set to panning, creating this awesome glitch.
Levels were below 100 and I send originally stereo. So all good from this side.

3 Likes

i think there is a lot of user error / how does this work / this is crazy / why doesnt it work like another synth/drum machine … … type of threads and posts on here , i do the same . partly a result of gear that is flexible , partly due to the ‘elektron’ way of doing things , language .

which is why this forum is popular and full of great info.
forums about spoons are likely to have less issues and be quiet … even if the spoon is amazing.