Controlling Microbrute via CV

Hello,
first post here and enthusiast elektron novice.

I am trying to control the micro brute with my A4, I connected the A4 CV AB out to the microbrute CV gate in, I setted the C VA and CV B to Pitch V/OCT on the A4 but the only thing I get is a constant note playing even tough the sequencer is not running, did I missed something?

I am really new to this, I try to setup a live without computer so I bought elektron gear coupled with two analog synths but I have to learn everything. Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks

You need to patch one of the CVs into Gate In on the back and change one of the CVs to be gate (send it to tracks 1-4- in the CV menu you can change the SRC at the top right hand corner of the screen to a track instead of CV. (I assume you’re using the A4 to process the Microbrute through the audio inputs).

Bur pitch (v/Oct) is set on the CV track- I haven’t tried it but I assume you patch v/oct into the Sub input on the matrix.

You need to split the AB out into 2 using a suitable Y-cable or breakout box, send A to Gate In and B to Pitch on the MicroBrute’s mod matrix. On the A4 set A to Gate (V-Trig worked best for me) and set B to Pitch V/Oct. Set both A & B source to CV track then make up a pattern on the CV track. Also with this setup you should be able to play the MicroBrute from the mini-keys on the A4.

Thank you very much for the fast answer, I’ll try tomorrow.

there was a useful getting started guide linked on this forum before - here it is - http://analog.pen.io/

the search results are a bit annoying to wade through but i’d urge you to at least have a look at the thread titles and deduce what might be relevant - there’s tonnes of good advice in here

from the little info in your post i’m not sure it sounds like you are using the right cabling - you need a y - cable to separate the A4 cv streams

see threads about those too

Yeah- stupid me! There’s a pitch input right there staring me in the face.

What they said.

Use a track on the A4 instead of the CV track as the gate/trigger source only if you are processing the audio of the MB through the A4.

Thank you all for these valuable infos

Hey Thanks again,
it works perfectly! What a beautiful machine.

Is it possible, instead of using a Y-cable, to use two separate cables (mono 1/4"?) and use an A/B Gate and C/D Pitch CV Config?

yeah - don’t assign ring to anything on either pair !

yeah - don’t assign ring to anything on either pair ![/quote]
Thank you :slight_smile:

So, I managed to source a Y-cable to link CV A/B to the gate and pitch of the Microbrute. Which means I have two more CV channels that I can link.

Because the microbrute has 4 oscillators, is it possible for me to link the CV C/D using pitch tuning, to two of these OSC through the Mod Matrix and create ‘chordal’ sounds by detuning the oscillators pitch on the A4?

So CV C would be pitch on the tip and CV D would be pitch on the ring? Is that possible?

Microbrute has only one oscillator which outputs 3 simultaneous waveforms + a sub.

Too bad Arturia didn’t add a sub “pitch offset” CV in, to control what the “sub>5th” knob controls.

Microbrute has only one oscillator which outputs 3 simultaneous waveforms + a sub.[/quote]
And this is where I fail at “synthesis”.