Control All on Rytm

This sounds really helpful to me, but I’m just not understanding it very well. Can you please explain further with more detail?

1 Like

Each track can send and receive midi messages (Control Changes) when you turn the knobs (sent to midi OUT) or receive external midi CCs (received by midi IN).

This is usually used to record and play an automation with a DAW, or use an external controller.

By default, each track has a different midi channel. lf you plug a midi cable between in and out, and set all the tracks with the same midi channel, moving a knob of a track will send a CC on its channel, and all other tracks having the same channel will receive it.
You can make groups by selecting a different midi channel per group.

The list of CC parameters is at the end of the manual.

This is simple when you know midi, don’t hesitate to ask more concerning unclear points.

1 Like

i tried to create some kind of a template for “control all” using performance section
and this experience is all frustration.

• it reminds me that performance edit is a pain in the $#@.

• plus it feels buggy, sometimes i cannot edit certain parameters anymore without understanding why.

• it is attached to the kits and there seem to be no easy way to copy from a kit to another.

maybe it is possible to edit scenes with overbridge, i mean if it works some day…

bah. (frustration)

edit : just tested overbridge, actually it is worse. not possible to define negative offset to parameters, only positive for now. no edit facilities

1 Like

I don’t feel confortable with Perf non plus.
OT scenes ! :heart_eyes:
So much possibilities with scenes morphing, from drastic to very smooth changes!

Pads are ok for some perf tricks but not practical for very smooth transitions. I think I’ll control some perf with external midi knobs, and eventually several perfs with OT’s crossfader + midi processor like @guga’s Goliath.

Isn’t it because you reach the 48 Perf locks limitation?

Did you check @mekohler’s Collider?

2 Likes

ah. that’s it. thanks

1 Like

on the mk2 the quick perf amount knob improve things, but clear no competition with the crossfader of the OT!!!

Same for A4. I’m still jealous. :meh:
OT crossfader > A4 Quick Perf + AR Quick Perf :open_mouth:

2 Likes