:elot: Comb Comp Contest!

Wow ! And this was made with the OT only ? Without any sample ???
:hushed:

5 Likes

:no_mouth: No it was made with a regular oven !

Sampling air with AB/CD inputs! :smile:

6 Likes

Waaaait - I need to dodge work next week for this!

2 Likes

I really, REALLY hate you @sezare56

:ecstatic:

4 Likes

@sezare56 how did you figure out this challenge by the way? By accident ?

1 Like

I realised generated noise with comp without filter is quite hard to use without frustrations.

Do you mind if I add Filter to Comb Comp ?

5 Likes

And maybe add some cheese to that pizza :smiley:

2 Likes

oh my. this is amazing

2 Likes

Filters?! Luxury!! When I were a lad we never had FILTERS! We tapped a rock on the dirt floor, and were grateful for it.

(showing my age with that reference)

8 Likes

I have filters since I was a baby :
CRY%20BABY

3 Likes

we had to cycle to the next township to get some filter back when I was young. past that nasty dog… and it wasn’t even multimode filter

5 Likes

I actually like the very limited toolset, the sounds generated and boosted via compressor have a very distinct character. First attempt certainly led to some new territory for me. But y’all can use yer fancy filter if y’all like.

5 Likes

I’m still figuring it out. The first bit I made sounded like an Actress record.

1 Like

#nofilters :slight_smile:

It’s probably about 2mins longer than it needs to be, but I was getting hypnotic.

10 Likes

I decided I really liked one of the sounds so I really stretched it out. I guess no-one’s really gonna listen for 10 minutes but I like how it evolves. It’s just one track set up how sezare explained, comb filters on the track and compression on the master track, #nofilters.

11 Likes

“And, by the way, here’s a 10 minute version” :rofl:

I like the 10 minute version, btw- it really sells the hypnotism of the track as a meditative piece- reminds me of singing bowls- it was really sinking in.

Great job!

2 Likes

Well done ! The kind of contest which definitely convinces me to get an octatrack …

5 Likes

Me too…full actress mode, but really fun with occasional ear bleeding.

I wonder how you guys deal with a deterministic result? After saving and reloading the first acceptable pattern, I received a completely different tune and had to call it for the night (and frustration). But i guess this might be as well due to my heavy use of free floating LFO’s :confused:.

Do you guys get always the same tune? Any tips @sezare56?

1 Like

Wow.

1 Like