Clearing all p-locks for one specific parameter?

I’m pretty sure you can’t do this, but just in case I’ve missed something - is there a way (on any of the Elektrons, really) to simply clear all p-locks of a pattern related to one specific parameter? Say I’ve automated a lot of the parameters, I’m happy with most of them, but the filter cutoff sounds a bit shit. I want to remove all of the steps that has the filter cutoff automated. I know I can go on each individual step and just press the encoder, but if you have a long pattern, that’s inconvenient. It would be nice to for instance just hold function while pressing one encoder to delete its parameter lock to delete all p-locks related to that parameter.

Is there any way to do this quickly without having to do it step by step? :slight_smile: If not - that’s a request right there! :wink:

it’s not clear if you are using the realtime or grid erase/clear mode, but in realtime mode (on A4 at any rate) it’s No(hold) + ParamEncoder(push) for the duration of the loop - so not one by one, although far from instant, a shortcut for which i’d like to know of (if any)

1 Like

Live record over them could be a quick solution, tweak the cutoff to taste!

Ok, cool, I’ll have to try that out with the other ones as well. Although not perfectly immediate, it’s better than having to push each step.
It’s for live recording realtime, yes. :slight_smile:
husc - if I were to live record over the filter cutoff, and the default setting was say 64, wouldn’t I have to sort of wiggle the knob a bit between 64 for it to actually record anything? I mean, when in live record mode, it will only record movement, not non-movement. Right? :slight_smile:
But avantronica’s answer is promising, I’ll check it out on the other machines and report back. :slight_smile:

Hmmm, it’s not really working for me on the A4. I just recorded som filter stuff on a short pattern I made. Stopped playback. Started it again (live recording mode) and held down No + the parameter encoder, but nothing happened. I’m doing basically exactly what you said and what the manual says, but the p-locks remain the same.

Remove specific parameter locks in real time
by pressing [NO/RELOAD] while pressing the DATA ENTRY knob corresponding to the parameter that should
be removed.

Holding Function + the parameter encoder while in live record mode seems to do the trick though! Weird.

Hang on, it seems that holding Function + the encoder will make a p-lock with the currently selected setting of the parameter. It worked on the Monomachine too. It’s not exactly what I wanted, I guess, but it does the trick fairly well. :slight_smile:

^that makes no sense, fn is an accelerator for the value, you’re just setting new values, not erasing - the method to erase it using fn doesn’t fly with me, but the no+enc route does work albeit slowly, it needs to pass once !

Edit - this is for the A4 btw, sorry for OT thread confusion !

Yeah, I know I’m setting new values, but that’s actually working, as long as I know which is the “default” value. Holding No + the encoder doesn’t work on my A4, for some reason. Maybe I have some sort of setting ticked on/off that doesn’t allow this? Very strange.
Anyways, there should be a button combo on all the machines to erase all p-locks for a certain parameter. That would be much more convenient. :slight_smile:

Please, can someone confirm this? (also for MM?)
To me this was not working (maybe) so i didn’t retry…but would be awesome to have, in LIVE rec, the ability to Encoder push and p-locking at the current value on Encoder…

Please, can someone confirm this? (also for MM?)
To me this was not working (maybe) so i didn’t retry…but would be awesome to have, in LIVE rec, the ability to Encoder push and p-locking at the current value on Encoder…
[/quote]
I’m sure you’d like confirmation from someone else as well, but I just tried again now, and it works perfectly fine on my Mono, with the latest OS installed. :slight_smile:

^ sweeet!

and A4 ? does it happen there too?

sorry if i keep asking but i cant reach my machines in the next few days.

So far, i’ve used to erase live p-locks by pressing NO+ENCODER while in Live Rec

Thanks

It does! Never used your method.

Yep, it works on the A4 too. Just tested with a couple of different patterns just to be sure. :slight_smile:

To remove all locks from a single track hold FUNCTION + CLEAR (play) then whilst holding use the arrow keys to select which feature you’d like to erase (machine, locks, pattern, track).
Simply let go of all the buttons and you’re set!

Be sure to keep holding FUNCTION and CLEAR (play) while using the arrow keys or else you will delete the entire pattern for that track.

1 Like

NOT working… mhm…

It’s Fn+No actually. :sunny:
(Live Recording)

to remove only parameter locks in real time, press and hold [FUNCTION] + [EXIT/NO]. All trigs hit by the running LED of the sequencer will be erased from the active track. Sample locks will however not be erased.