Chromatic mode not working

I don’t get it, all the sudden Chromatic mode does NOTHING.
I can see the screen correspond to my finger playing on the trigs, but NO sound comes out.

I have a pad as the track sound. If I use regular Tracks Mode (or as we often call grid mode) no problem, but I cannot play the 2-oct keyboard. The yellow/red leds light up to indicate the keys, but NO SOUND

can anyone guess as to why this is? It was working recently. I haven’t made any changes I’m aware of to this mode

presumably your tracks not muted, and youve hit the scale button to go through the octaves…
i’d guess the start of your sample is silent?

To troubleshoot this kind of this it can be helpful to watch the sample play out in the editor. Press Func+Bank and look at the waveform while playing it. Does the playback start at the beginning?

Neither the case; tracks not muted, sample start not silent

Hi Allerian
The sample plays fine from the beginning esp when I’ve sequenced from grid mode. The samples do everything they are supposed to do, except Chromatic mode:(

I noticed the same thing a while back whilst quickly demoing the OT for a friend! As I never use chromatic mode I’d forgotten all about it.
I’ll have a look today & report back
Cheers

Hmm yes. One of my projects refuses to play samples in chromatic mode!
You can see the graphic of the keyboard been triggered but no sound.
Audio editor shows no activity but pressing Track & Play trigs it instantly!
Interestingly the very same sample can be trig’d in Slot mode & Live recorded.
All my old projects work correctly as did a newly created one!

Can’t see any differences in settings between the projects & in fact I’ve been unable to disable chromatic mode on the working projects!

Marcel, can you try creating a new project & see if the problem persists?

Btw
There is another thread about this here though no solution is mentioned.

Just a flyer here, is this track maybe in playsfree mode?

I will create another project and report back, as that issue describe above is exactly what I’m experiencing.

1 Like

Hi Allerian,
I considered that too, no not on playsfree…

Old topic, but having the same problem I found the solution:

In the Preset/Project/midi control page, if Audio Note Out is set to “Ext”, one cannot ear any sound when playing the keyboard in chromatic mode. You have to set this parameter to “Int” or to “Int+Ext”.

11 Likes

Thanks, that solved it for me. Finding it hard enough to get my head around the thing without those kinds of issues :slight_smile:

3 Likes