Change track sound/preset on steps

Hello everyone,
how does the function to change tracksound by step work?
i wanna do like ‘step 1 bassdrum, step 4 snare’ with just one track
saw it in a youtube video but don’t get it. when i press&hold a step/trig button like when u want to parameters for the step and then turn the level knob, it shows me a list like this

TRACK SOUND
1 –
2 –
3 –
4 –
5 –

and so on, but nothing to choose.
how does it work?
hope u understand my problem and have a solution

You need to load the sounds you want into the Sound Pool before you can select them via sound locks. I have an AK but it works identically on the A4. I’m not in front of my machine at the moment, so will explain from memory.

In the Sound menu, go into the Sound Manager, select the sound you want, then press the right direction arrow. In this menu, there is an option to load (or move, can’t remember which) the sound to the Sound Pool. 128 sounds can be saved in the pool.

Then, in your track, when you hold down a sequencer step and turn the level knob, you can choose from any of the sounds you have put in the pool to be played only for that particular step. Adjust note length via a parameter lock if you want to play longer than that, remembering that the note will be cut off if it reaches another sequencer step that is in use.

1 Like

that works, thank you!! :joy:

it’s possible in real time too Plocking sound from drive

Is it possible in Ableton via Overbridge too? If so, how?