Capturing perfect loops with the OT

Hey,

I want to use my OT as my main tool to capture loosely played loops of my hardware synth using pickup machines. Then I want to be able to quickly put these loops into patterns.

Problem is that mostly the loops still have clicks and pops. For me it´s really hard to get rid of these clicks using the OT. Most of my loops are longer than 64 steps so I have to use multipliers. As my loops are loosely recorded it is often hard to fit them perfectly into a grid.

What could you suggest me doing to optimize this workflow and make it a lot easier? Maybe using ableton to cut the loops?

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Try without fades, and with QREC and QPLAY set to PLEN.
Interesting threads about that.

4 Likes

hi @fmshred :relaxed:
i’m sure more experienced users will chime in on this one but there’re maybe a couple of things i could suggest/ask
do you use the OT in a live setup? why not use flex machines instead of pickup?
for long samples you could use one shot trigs.
also, you should be able to remove the clicks on the OT…in the recordings menu there’re few parameters you can tweak to avoid recordings to have clicks ([Function]+CD record)
i hope this helps (anyone do correct me if there’s anything wrong :grin:)

edit: i also recently found out how to playback long samples without having to use one shot trigs…which for other users it’s probably a ‘basic’ knowledge…for me, considering the amount of time i spent on the OT aaand the fact that i’ve not read the manual entirely…was a revelation :laughing: press and hold the track the sample is loaded on/in and hit play :open_mouth: :grin:

2 Likes

Another way is to use 9-16 Sample Trigs with Play Quantize (Attributes), sync to pattern/bar/step.
Example :

2 Likes

…mm…will have to give this a try/look/listen :relaxed: thanks for posting this @sezare56

2 Likes

Thnaks guys I will try some of this stuff out. Im not talking about live recording these loops. I just want to jam on my synth and record loops and create different patterns with them was fast as possible. As I have a nono control I want to play with these patterns like in ableton.

To avoid certain clics, don’t forget Attack in Amp page.
If you want to record, stay in sync, and use Pickups QRec set to Plen is very useful. For more than 64 steps you can set a longer pattern with Scale Per Track.
It can be used with Flex too.
If your loops are loosely recorded, use the metronome ! :slight_smile: