Can't use overbridge with more than one device concurrently

Hi guys,

I am using A4, AR and AH on Ableton Live. I don’t know why but I can’t route separate audio tracks into Ableton for both A4 and AR. Both devices appear on Overbridge Panel but one of them just goes mute.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Do you think is a USB bandwidth issue?

From my understanding you cannot use more than one audio interface (there are workarounds) with Ableton (and I believe any DAW). I think that you need the usb overbridge hub.

i had ar a4 both mki go fine into ableton on windows 10

I am using a MOTU as audio interface, my problem is with routing the single tracks to individual audio tracks in Ableton. I am finding that if my A4 works the AR doesn’t, and viceversa

Are you using a USB hub of some sort? If so, is it “MULTI-TT” ?

Please give us more details regarding your computer specs, OS, and so on, so that we may help. The more details, the better. Which OS? Which version of Live? etc.

1 Like

HI Adam,

Thanks for your help.

I am using this USB hub https://www.amazon.co.uk/BESTEK-Powered-Charging-Docking-Station/dp/B01N1FGVCM

Macbook Pro 15-inch , 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 running High Sierra
Ableton live 10.0.1
Motu 828 mk2

Overbridge panel shows AH, A4, AR connected (green dot) with AR and A4 set-up to individual routing (Main L-R deactivated)

Chances are that this is the culprit.
A web search for the terms “BESTEK” and “mutli-tt” together turns up no results. So it is likely not multi-tt and each device you add to the hub brings your bandwidth down.

You need to use a MULTI-TT hub, like Overhub or another that is advertised as having this functionality.

From what you describe, it is certainly a bandwidth issue.

Good luck!

2 Likes