Can you send record trigs on a modular?

Just wondering if I can play the pitches from the OT trigs to a modular via dubldeca or similar instances.

And live recording [so the trigs show up] these pitches as trigs?

[Mainly wondering as well if the Beatstep Pro would handle modular in a better way or the OT via dubldeca - since cost is similar]

Thanks!

Thanks - saw that, but it doesn’t answer any of my direct questions I think?

Warning: I am a noob at this.

beat step pro is way more immediate. you patch cables and jam. you will still have to tune your oscillators or whatever but for drum stuff the beat step pro couldn’t be simpler.

the thing the dubledecca gives you is all the modulation ability of the OT. you have to set up the template (there’s instructions for that in the dubldecca build manual) btu you will be able to send the LFOs and stuff out of the OT to use as modulators in your modular. you will be able to send trigs, clock, pitch etc via the dubldeca and save…

beat step pro also allows for saving patterns. and has CV outs for step relevant CV control.

it really just depends on how you want to work… and if you want to use the OT as a center piece for your modular. you get al the OT has to offer… independent track lengths, different clock divisions per track, micro timing etc…

i’d recommend watching a bunch of beat step pro demos and tutorials and seeing what makes more sense to you.

beat step pro is inexpensive and very capable

1 Like

Question: Do you want to use the MIDI or the audio-tracks on the OT to control modular gear? I guess you might want to use the MIDI tracks.

It depends, how many controls you need. The Beatstep Pro has two melodic tracks, each with a 1V/Oct or Hz/V (pitch), Euro-compliant CV (velocity) and a gate output, and a drum track with eight gate outputs. If this are enough channels for you, go Beatstep Pro, since it would be the most easieast way to setup, get started, and jam. You can also use it to operate MIDI-devices, and It’s very flexible for this price.

AFAIK the DoubleDecca gives you per module 12 outputs, which are customizable. That’s much more flexibility as the Beatstep Pro can give. Using this together with an OT gives you much more options … after everything is in place and setup as needed, of course :wink: