Buttons not perfectly aligned

Hello,

I ordered a Analog Four MKII and the tap tempo button was really ‘on the left’. I sent it back for a new one and few keys are not perfectly aligned, is that normal?

Photo : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/33/5/1534505684-20180817-132104.jpg

1 Like

Looks fine to me! Or am I missing something…

I means the button inside the ‘box’. On the picture, the button is a bit more on the left rather than centered.

it’s all perfectly fine if they don’t stuck and give a nice klack in response of pressing them…if it’s ur first elektron machine it might feel a bit strange in first place…but once u really get started u gonna love that oldschool responsiveness of this buttons and worklflow that goes along with it…and they really like it, to get hit a bit harder…and they’re really built to resist for quite a while…no worries…
but be always gentle to the push encoders…their twiddle ratios are really responsive to details when it comes to different speeds how u turn them and should be handled like that…

IMO the button is fine.

Normal to me. Give it a few weeks of playing it and it will be fine, I also had a similar feeling when i got my Digitone because some of the trigs felt a bit sticky and not lined up but I feel that they adjust with use. Now the buttons on my DN feel smooth, or maybe its just all in my head… But I do think you need to break these in, kinda like a baseball mitt.

Same with my Digitakt - some of the buttons slightly rubbing against the chassis. But I got mine 2nd hand (basically brand new) for a steal so I’ve just put up with it! I think they’re wearing in gradually.

Same on DN. And my volume knob looks like someone kicked it. But fuck it, it works. Make music.

1 Like

I have the same issue, i got two new Analog Four mkII’s, one of them is fine and the other has two note buttons with the icon on the button misaligned/off-centre. Since i bought the second unit as a backup i did not check it within return period so i am stuck with a unit that for me feels unacceptable for a product in this price range.
One could say “if it works just make music” but me and my OCD just don’t agree.

EA4_button

Wow, even though I work with geometry, I think you guys are way too precious… It looks perfect to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

the point is to make music with it. If you look at a $3000 Gibson guitar I am sure you can find a flaw with that as well. But in both cases what matters more is the sound that comes out.

1 Like

Lol, this thread just made my cappy night of a power outage and not being able to record a little better!