Business practices [compilation topic]

I guess we’ll have to come back Happy House Music now… as it was so more FUN than today.

Laurent Garnier, the man.

1 Like
2 Likes

One of , THE MEN … and he stays POSITIVE Everytime even after more than 30 years of music… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There is nothing unique our even remotely unethical about selling off existing stock before announcing a refresh. This happens every day with watches, jewelry, computer hardware, recording equipment, consumer electronics, appliances, etc, on and on. FIFO.

Name one manufacturer in the MI space that tells you ahead of time what their product release schedule will be over the next few years, including EoL, manufacturing changes and enhancements to said products.

2 Likes

Yea. I don’t get why so many posters are butt hurt over some new gear. It’s not like the MKIs suck. They’re still rad.

Shit. Sell them and pay the upgrade difference.

Pretty simple

1 Like

To me it seems pretty obvious that the AR&A4 MKII’s got an increase in size because they are going to release a 3rd device that needed more space, and kind of tilts like a mixer would. Not an OT2, but a new thing, that may or may not feel like the OT is missing from the Trinity.

1 Like

Says Sampling capability, that’s it.

Yes and it is referring the hardware capability, not overbridge.
Id be interested to understand why you think it is overbridge or if you have seen a report - news on this.

I don’t “think” anything. I’m reading an ad which says Sampling capability. I just want to be sure that’s all.

The ad says:
What’s new in Analog Rytm MKII?
Sampling capability

Other clues include the button labeling, referring to the new sampling functions, and also the two new sampling inputs:
2 × ¼" balanced sampling input

1 Like

Read better guys… He not express his personal point on the subject. He express how he feel in the relationship with his students. His/her students was younger than us so the feel/opression they can feel at this point is of course different than us probably more older and experienced… we do not feeel like this and @secretmusic said very clear it was not his concerned because he actually a convinced elektron user. (and a power one for those who don"t know him but of course it doesn’t close any participation…) Just i think it’s a bit different with what we have read in the thread introduction to new iteration mark2 for AR and A4.

The number inferiority arranging nothing. Remember djshiva in another thread, i do not bring again that in the table but at some point we loose her in the thread exchange and that’s a REAL SHAME when the results is that one. so PLEASE. <3

Also i may have use this arguments in the way like make more music rather to stupdly discuss about gear… and criticize… I think he’s right when he said it’s not because you give your point of view on gear, you not making music on the other side (or less music than they should)… we simply don’t know :stuck_out_tongue: maybe these people makes a lot of music and have time to spend to discuss things here and there.
So… I will not conclude/judging too fast from now on someone (remembering : You are very quick to pass judgement on a lot of people. thanks to @sampleNhold ) now assuming i simply didn’t know what the others do IRL (even if multiplier irritate me at some point). Nice shout for this one.

1 Like

Yeah someone I know is also trying to convince me that it’s through OB. So I was just curious.

Let’s see: Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Microsoft - just to name a few of the not so insignificant ones. Pretty much any car manufacturer has roadmaps and model updates mapped out, any publicly traded company releases information to their shareholders about business strategies, which allow you to extrapolate.

Elektron hinted earlier this year that something was going to happen to their product lineup beyond release of DT. Right now I’m just super curious if the MKIIs were it or if there is something else, something genuinely new and exciting.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic 12July17

And I do stand by it. Anyone who buys a product at a specific point in time, serving that intended purpose has no right to accuse a company of being ‘shady’ just because they release a revised product at another point in time sometime in the future.
I’m sorry but that thought is madness in my eyes, and no business should be accountable for that.
A product was bought and it works doesn’t it?
Just curious, for how long after a purchase does this entitlement normally last 1,2,3 years…?

2 Likes

I did PLM for a living for a few years for a large public company and there is a wide gulf of difference between what is published as product roadmap for public consumption versus managing EoL/strategic product development decisions, etc. Maybe you had a different experience but mine was that these decisions were held close to the vest for what should be obvious competitive concerns.

1 Like

Yeah I want to get rid of this crappy Juno-106 I have because Roland didn’t include the Digital Native Dance patch I so adore. I feel betrayed.

2 Likes

i didnt buy destiny because i knew destiny 2 is coming , but they’ll probably do destiny 3 so i’ll wait for that.
meanwhile i do nothing except browse the internet and post on forums , although i could probably try and develop my own game/synth/plugin/thing of the future which will do everything ever needed with no bugs and no need for a new version in the future because things stand still.

or i could use what i have now , learn it thoroughly , get good results and not rely on the ‘next big thing’
i’ve done it myself in the past , but i know that i’m not able to do anything better , so i just relax and get on with life.

2 Likes