Breakcore on MD?

Greetings Nauts!
Would some of you know people who make breakcore on the MD? (Vaguely like huge chrome cylinder box unfolding or winter in the belly of a snake albums)
(or industrial or power electronics or noisy something)
Any videos maybe?found one,maybe one could say its breakcore related on Yt Baseck rocking an MD but its not what would move me.
or just some tracks would be highly appreciated too!(forum members who make-like listen to things like this raise your hand! And show what you got!)
Could use some inspiration to help me with some ideas to create something different…mainly breakcorish something.
Most of the things online(i found)are or minimal techno(i think…bumm bumm :slight_smile: ) or something like idm.
Lately im experimenting with industrial and power electronics on the MD,and enjoy it more than imagined…
Show me some “harder” -faster -deeper music on MD please!show me im not alone just blind!
I feel bored with the idm sounds most of the people make on their MD…dont get me wrong…i love idm…
But i think the Md is associated mostly with idm and techno(bumm bumm)but its capable of much more palette of sounds.
Please erase my ignorance in this,and show me the things i missed all this time!
Cheers!
Happy Tweaking!

Do you have audio / video examples of the kind music you’d like to do ?
Venetian Snares uses an MD and modular, maybe not in this song :

I made a breakcorish song with OT, and making some breakcore with MD interest me too !

5 Likes

Hi @sezare56 !
Aaron is controlling his modular with MD(red somewhere that he uses now 2 MDs for that)as far as i know no MD sound is being used there. but i might be wrong… :slight_smile:
Im not triing to make music like this or that…im just interested in ideas…
Im not asking you to help me think out of the box or be creative…im asking you folks if you know about ppl making breakcore with MD.and if so than i ask you to show it!
(Or any genre i mentioned before)
Interesting track Sezare!but it was done with an evil OT(what i dont have)
Maybe in future :wink:
Cheers!

1 Like

Depending on your definition of break core of course, I always found anything that @lampeo made with the MD the best use of the box ever, although I have to concede he uses other boxes with it…
For me no one even comes close to the tracks he was dropping a few years back, top stuff!

Oh yeah and Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding is in my top 5 albums of all time. Genius.

8 Likes

Hello @rotallytuined !
Thanks for the info,will def dig deeper into @lampeo! Sounds interesting!
Im triing not to define breakcore…if i feel its breakcore its that.

Things im planning to try is to use the map editor to trigger tracks and make some rapid trackchanges ,stutter them and make use of the gate trig function,and set the track length with the note lenght.could be interesting-no? :slight_smile:
Red it some time ago from @elenacortes.
Somewhere here…Thanks Elena!
Btw…
Yeah…that album asks no questions…

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, you can trigger tracks machines, not tracks sequences (possible with OT).
So I don’t know how you’d set track length.

I’d use MID machines to control Tracks, with an random lfo on notes, midi loopback.
A CTRL ALL machine with random lfos.

I’d try (again) a random lfo on Prog Change, to play patterns randomly. Not easy one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh…possible…
Than its my bad @sezare56 …
Oh nooo…i was soo exited to try it out today!pffffFFFFFFFF
I thought that the gate trig setting in the map editor does this.
I map a machine to a specific midi note and if that midi note is played,than the sequence starts on the selected machine,and according to which trigger setting you made it plays till the end(STRT)or plays when gets note on and plays as long as it gets a note off message(Gate)…no idea what Cue does…
Will look it up!
And the whole idea again,cause now you made me not so sure in myself.
Let me see…where is that manual?
:slight_smile:

I think this gentleman are talking about the same thing not so far away:

1 Like

But yes…now that i read your message again and mine too i did say track…i should have sad machine,was looking too long at the map editor,and there you can set to trigger patterns or tracks(machines)…

I didn’t know it was possible to trigger patterns with GATE. Seems very interesting.
I wonder if it goes back to previous selected pattern after NOTE OFF…

I have to try this ! :thup:

2 Likes

Would some of you know people who make breakcore on the MD?

i hope not^^

Why hope?

I’ve never heard lampeo’s stuff before. nice one for posting, I really like that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I rate him!
His modular stuff is great too, rinse that YouTube channel :smiley:

yea its quality. I’m rinsin that channel as we speak :sunglasses:

1 Like

i don’t like this stuff. it’s not Music imo :wink:

For me Music is an organisation of sounds. So it is definitely Music.

Of course if you follow that very restrictive definition :

Music : Vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

1 Like

I accept your opinion @MDMnM,thanks for sharing.

But lets talk about people who make this music you think its not music.
And ideas…
Would really like that!

2 Likes

I bought my MD 10 years ago to produce breakcore.
This gear is one of the rare drum box enough equiped to make such kind of music. Generaly, and I think you already now that, breakcore is made with computer, that’s why I think MD is one of the rare hardware gear pretty good for that (because for its possibilities). I used it with MPC 2500.
It was the right combo for breakcore.
Drum patterns were created on MD, according to the Amen slice procedure, and MD played slave to mpc 2500, with multimap.
This set permit a deep digging of the drum side of breakcore. MPC was in charge of other samples and linear midi harmonic instructions for Virus C.

3 Likes

Hello @elenacortes!
Found some interesting posts of yours regarding multimap before i started this thread here!
Going to try out if im back, but im traveling now…silver box(es) back at base.
Could be interesting to control multimap via MnM…using the arps…hmm
Cheers!