Boston thread?

sup boston? ive been here for a few years, living in cambridge and now somerville. does anyone gig around boston or have cool things going on? trying to find a reason to leave the house more.

I’ve always enjoyed drinking in the Square and throwing Frisbee in the Commons.

1 Like

sounds like you are definitely not a cynical shut-in if you enjoy frisbee

I wasn’t*

also tricky tricky, so many squares and multiple commons to boot! but i guess most people refer to boston common as the commons and not cambridge commons. did you go to college here (i did not)?

No- I just moved up there 7 years ago on a borderline whim

and i take it you depahhhhted?

unfortunately so. Maybe on some magic day I can move back, it’s a beautiful city full of landscape variety.

Another favorite past time of mine was sticking a 6-pack in a backpack and walking around the city drinking it.

there are some benefits to living here, i feel pretty settled here.

yeah, you cant drink outside anywhere here. it was a shock after going to Berlin and seeing how totally different the culture around outdoor drinking was.

boston has had a hard time shaking its roots as a puritanical city.

after growing up in ny and living in sf, boston feels like a bargain, (except its not), but that is not the case at all when looking to buy any kind of property. i guess thats what you get for the coastal cities.

the weather is also pretty much garbage but fall is incredible here

No, I mean- I did that.

It takes a sort of gumption(I was younger then), but I never really got into any trouble from it. Just as long as you’re not making a jerk out of yourself

yeah totally i got that, im just saying in general its surprising its not permitted…permission to do the thing and actually doing the thing is totally different :grin:

1 Like

One time I was just about to open my bottle until I looked up and saw I was in front of a policeman. :smiley:

i once saw this guy trying to roll his erm, cigarette in the window of a mcdonalds on tremont street…he was caught by a coppa. not a master of subtlety. a lot of interesting sights around the common