Black Box Combination Cases w/ Eurorack

I suggest slightly rounded corners, and a slightly higher base with no wood covering the front so it’s easy to store patch cables underneath. Also, angled design with the Elektron at the bottom is the one!

Ha, it’s a worldwide phenomenon…

1 Like

Any interest here?

Working on a 6U version at Octatrack width which will give plenty space for module and power…

<£100

Hi, just stumbled upon this forum in my search for a combo elektron/eurorack case. Possible to construct a space for the Digitone on bottom, eurorack on top? I’m located in US.
Thanks!

Hi, yes absolutely.

Hey Christopher,

I’m very interested in the case setup you have going on. Awesome work! Simiular to JEPeters I’m interested in a eurorack / digitakt setup.

Could we talk about making a case that suites me? :slight_smile:

Hey there,
gorgeous designs, really liking it, I was starting to design my own stand when I stumbled across yours. How’s the 6U version coming along? That would be exactly right up my alley!

Hi, nice to hear from you.

Which version are you interested in? 6U with the space for a black box unit at the bottom?

Hi, apologies for the delay, yes absolutely.

So you require Digitone / Digitakt positioned at the bottom and then 3U of Eurorack above?

Exactly! One A4/OT MkI on the bottom, 6U upwards.
My own plans included the thing folding on hinges like the new Arturia Rack mounts do, but I’d understand if that’s impractical :slight_smile: .

I think it is a good idea to open ventilation holes on the sides

Great! I have one in development. Would you require power?

Probably not, as I would normally DIY that stuff (including drilling in the case, Doepfer PSU I guess), but if you happen to have something on hand you’d like to get rid of and it‘s not much more expensive than my DIY plans, you could make me an offer.

Is there a website / idea of pricing / options?

Hi, website coming this fall.

I’d like to keep the pricing model really simple.

ie;

84hp 6u Eurorack £84
104hp 6u Eurorack £104

I need to work out the final pricing for the Elektron width versions, I’ll aim to draft that today.

Hi, Autumn update - Website due in November.

1 Like

Lovely work, can’t wait for the site.
Obviously outside the scope of Eurorack but I think something many of us would be excited about (and I’m sure within the realm of your abilities) would be an angled double rack with two digi-sized units on one level and one full-sized Elektron box on the other. So those of us with, say, a Digitakt, Digitone and A4 can have a nice compact rig… instabuy from me.

1 Like

excited to see what you’ll do with the 6U 84/104hp with OT! I’ve been trying to figure out a DIY case conversion for this recently but case sizing makes it difficult and I don’t have the time to build from scratch. The rack ears available for the old black boxes drives me insane with all of that wasted space on either side. depending on case depth I was thinking of mounting some passive modules in that empty space.

Patrick DSP has a real nice combo road case where in he cuts into the Elektron rack ears to mount modules.

4 Likes

yeah I’ve come across those pictures before (literally scoured the internet for the better part of a day cause I obsess too much) and that’s my favorite implementation so far! Finding an 8U mixer case has been a bit more of a challenge. There are 9U ones but nothing that’s really caught my eye.

Sucks cause my 7U case would be perfect but it’s just shy of usable when taking the jacks into effect. I also have this problem where i want OT to be on the bottom for easier hands-on, but still want it to be flush with the euro row somehow (my brain is dumb).