Best synth to pair with Digitakt? If you only had one

If you can find a 2nd hand PreenFM2 for under $300, that might be a good choice. It’s multitimbral . I use to own one, wish I still had it to use with my OT.

Borrowing one from a friend and this is the thing that I find lacking as well. A display would have made it more usable. But it’s still a lot of fun and a great little device. And there is a downloadable editor. I also thought it was web only, but there is a desktop version

At the opposite, it’s VERY easy to program, VERY logical, ergonomic.
For in depth matrix settings, so much quicker ! Less parameters, but the most efficient !
Real pleasure, I can deal with its limits because its still creative and clever.
Rdm glide lfos are what I needed. I didn’t like Blofeld lfos behaviour even using matrix.

1 Like

The more I mess with this Blofeld, the more the knobs act up. I’m getting such strange behavior, and this is the 2nd one from the store.

I think I’m just gonna send this one back too and look for something else, I’ll def check out the MicroMonsta. Where did you get it? Are they ever available in the US?

1 Like

the micromonsta can be purchased direct from audiothingies.

https://www.audiothingies.com/product/micromonsta/

their double drummer can also make a good companion for the digitakt.

1 Like

In France, second hand. Answer above. I think you can ask questions here to @elektrosamplist, the creator.
Micromonsta

There’s a small midi box called Short that is made by BLL… It allows you to access all the parameters of the Circuit and adds a small screen. It’s around 100 euros, mine should arrive soon.

1 Like

When using their editor you can make the macros do whatever you want! Just 1 hour making custom sounds and macros can give you endless possibilities. I was unsure about the computer editor myself but after using it I dig it. Not only that the Circuit is getting a new update soon; it’s ever evolving!

Awesome! I need to get a camera connection kit!

sorry, I have only had it 3 weeks or so, the day the 1.08 released. I was able to attach connect it that day, so since when, would be, since I got it…

It shows up a just another midi input, as shown in the image. Also, this is using a 3rd party connection cable for an iPad mini running iOS 11. Cost me 2000 yen.

a

1 Like

thanx, good to know. is it powered connector?

Yes, it’s one of the cables that has both the USB connector and lightening port for charging at the same time.

1 Like

awesome, I’ll try with the powered connector then. Did not work for the original adapter when I tried few months ago. For now I’m using little MIDI - lightning adapter from Korg that also includes D/A interface and TR jacks.

I keep insisting on the Nord Drum 2, drums for days and a great source of synth sounds to be turned into anything you want on the Digitakt.

Still for sale:

You can do that with all Elektron or any standard class compliant usb midi gear…
The IPad itself is a usb midi host when it uses the cck to translate the midi…

1 Like

I’d say upcoming Behringer Model D or Korg Arp Odyssey if it has to be true analog.
Or Blofeld.

1 Like

Best Synth to pair with Digitakt is an multitimbral synth. Best one any Access Virus or Waldorf Blofeld.

1 Like

Why do you think so?

Bought a A4 mk1 on Monday and for me, DT+A4 are the perfect match. Love the workflow and sound and songmode is a big plus :slight_smile:

2 Likes