Behringer Synth [Deepmind 12]

:joy:

Did you have actual hands-on time with the DM12? Better Music here in Canberra keeps telling me that they will get one into their showroom, but I won’t believe until I actually see one there in the plastic/metal.

1 Like

Probably won’t be grabbing it but I’m happy there’s another 37 key synth in the wild.

Haven’t seen anything about release dates for the DM6 or DM Desktop but I’m going to struggle to resist the desktop. It’s at times like these that you let out a little sob that the Analog range sequencer doesn’t do midi - I still think a pairing of AK and DM would be great though! Chuck in an MPC Live or DT and things get really interesting…

haven’t played one although love the sound

Its ok, not great but its fine. I just dont like the velocity curve but im quite picky about those things.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introducing Digitakt

Yikes.

1 Like

To top it all off, it sounds like wet wool, too.

1 Like

It looks like it was the retailer

Edit: The more I watch this the more I think this is a used/open box unit

1 Like

I was debating whether to go with one of these or a prophet-6 a while back. Looks like I made the right choice!

1 Like

I think I would rather have a second hand System 8.

1 Like

This dude’s got this whole conspiracy theory worked out but refuses to acknowledge the obvious(“looks like this has been taped back up”)

Fingerprints. No packaging- even my Behringer mixer came with packaging. This was a used unit with a lackluster previous owner

Hilarious viewing.

Yup that’s a quality rant right there.

I don’t deny this probability.

That said, I looked at Sweetwater’s product photos for the 12 and 6, and while the alignment issue is less pronounced as on this user’s unit, the keybed spring visibility appears to be standard (on both!), unfortunately.:

1 Like

Eh- if I were to get a DM, I’d get the desktop module anyway. That IS crazy about the keybed, but not surprising to me- it seems like such a misc feature to me that I forget its part of a 1k product

the Deepmind is fickle on the previews - i mean to say, some previews make me fall in love with the sound, others make me wonder what was i thinking about.

1 Like

The very first batch of the DM12 (which I got one from) had some nasty issues with the springs resonating all over. It sounded like people had run around the factory floor finding old springs to fit in the keybeds. On the subsequent manufacturing runs, Behringer glued on a felt/strip that dampened the sound from the springs. A ghetto fix.

A lot of units had the keys hitting the metal when released, which obviously resulted in clacking sounds (on release, not when hitting the keys). They made a dodgy video showing what screws to remove underneath the unit and how to adjust the keybed. I remember a time when using a screwdriver on anything, in any way whatsoever, would void your warranty lol.

I wonder how long those two fans inside will make it. The larger fan inside my (2nd) unit had already started to rattle when I boxed it up and threw it into storage.

The guy in the video def made the right decision not to even bother with getting another unit.

1 Like

I was thinking about the desktop DM12 a while back, but the PEAK is a beast. I’d prefer nab that now to be honest. Novation made a great synth.

1 Like

I owned a DM12. Worked amazing for me. Lovely build quality. Just had to let it go as couldn’t justify having more than one keyboard

I got contacted by the buyer a couple months later asking for purchase invoice as one of the voices had failed!

From my experience though, I’d buy again. Don’t like the sound of the Peak and the other great sounding synths are considerably more expensive.

1 Like