The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

The red makes it go faster and you look cooler mate.

1 Like

Neutron Details Video Episode #2
ADDED: All talk No Music!

“We went a little mad with the patch bay.”
“Some of the patches the guys have been setting up, just sound fantastic.”

1 Like

@Jukka

That is gonna be one bad ass synth I reckon, same oscillators as Pro-1 and other Sequential synths.

A video about a synth without actually hearing the synth should be punishable by law, they should get a fine or something :fury: :okej:

5 Likes

299$ :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: And to think I was about to buy a Pro-1 for 1800$ :open_mouth: well I still might though :grinning:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Behringer D Synth

On the Neutron – GC seems to have pulled the listing down, and i don’t see a for sale anywhere else – but it shows that a shipment is getting close. First time i’ve seen a price anywhere – $300 is great imo, same price as the B model D.

I’ll post everything re the Neutron here going forward:

@Jukka

Yes some guys over at gearslutz posted the guitar center link and I managed to get into some heated discussion about the delay but Uli came to the rescue :slight_smile:

"Uli Behringer
Allow me to clarify:

1.) This is a true analog BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) circuitry based on 3205 chips.

2.) We are targeting to ship the first products from our factory by end of April. It will take a bit more time for products to reach our retailers.

3.) I can now confirm that the official US MAP for the Neutron is US$ 299.99.

We have received such positive feedback about the Neutron that we feel confident about high projected production runs.
As explained before, we work very differently from most competitors as we calculate our prices “bottom up”.
This means that the larger the production volume is, the lower our component and manufacturing cost will be. Based on our philosophy, we then pass these savings on to you.

As you know I am very passionate about synths and it’s our goal to get as many people as possible into making music.

Last but not least, I like to give credit to our multiple innovation teams who have been tirelessly and passionately working on this synth. I am very proud of you!

I hope you are as excited about the Neutron as we are :slight_smile:

Uli"

Btw two of the GS members called in at GC and placed a pre order.

2 Likes

This makes a lot of sense – don’t know if it’s very different from competitors though, and Uli doesn’t mention here though it’s obviously implied that you wrap profit into the “bottom up” price. This is one model … one more common for selling “commodities” where you maximize profit through maximizing sales volume.

1 Like

Thats an incredible price and from what i’ve heard it sounds great.
Im glad its not a clone of something.
Someone could start a modular for very cheap ex : model D + Neutron.
Thats what im going to do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This must be pretty far along if they have it in the hands of a musician – Firechild – for what i would presume would be factory patch development and demos.

Speculations on the price?

By accident i’m sure but this is set against another new product from Waldorf the STVC although that has all the improved Streichfett functionality as well.
ADDED: Turning this back a notch, i listen to a demo of the STVC and it sounds great to me. Behringer would have a long ways to go to get to that.

Will look for the demos coming soon. This will need a thread of it’s own too.

ADDED LATER: Firechild posted a music video using the VC340. Obviously this thing is quite a ways along in development!

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there is an analog drum machine in the works?

@DimensionsTomorrow

According to the ‘mistake’ on their website they are working on some yes and I for one will be furious if they cheat me out of my 300$ 909 :smiley:

1 Like

Oh man, I would actually really love to see a drum machine as “deep” as the Deep Mind. Preferably with analog effects like the Neutron.

2 Likes

@DimensionsTomorrow

You and me both brother, you can actually talk to Mr. Behringer on the Gearslutz forum so if you join a thread there you could just ask him :slight_smile:

He actually posted pictures some months back of a analog drum machine that they claimed to be testing out and that was supposedly clones of 808 and 909. The post also talked about how they’d add their own sequencer and user interface.

2 Likes

Pure speculative rumor so far – but the talk is a Roland Jupiter 8 clone. We’ll see if this pans out – the discussion is based on a single picture on the Behringer Facebook site.

Writeup by German blogger Tom Wies (SynthAnatomy) - in English - not much more substantive, but Tom is a lot closer to the action:

I agree w/ Tom that if anything, they’ll probably release some variation of the Deepmind synth drawing on the Jupiter 8 architecture rather than the Juno which inspired the Deepmind 6/12.

Somewhere it was suggested that this photo could also be about a TR-909 clone, talked about here before, just more speculation – but it would probably make some people around here happy.

1 Like

@Jukka
They mentioned that on their Facebook page when people were only raving about the Jupiter they said:

“You missed the second gift…”

1 Like

“I’m sorry, the shining from jupiter was so bright we couldn’t see anything else!”

1 Like