Backup/restore on Digitakt: SysEx Project send works, but no project receive?

A question on backing up and restoring projects using SysEx Dump menu option on the Digitakt in 1.07.

I backed up a project by doing a SysEx Dump -> SysEx Send -> Project -> Active Project and ran C6 on my Mac. This transferred about 4MB of data over which I saved. Great.

Then I initialised a new project to test recovering the backup onto the DT. But there is no corresponding SysEx Dump -> SysEx Receive ‘project’ menu option. I did a test of SysEx Receive -> Pattern and while that will receive the pattern names from the backup, it receives no sound data. I also tried SysEx Receive -> Sounds but it just sits waiting for data on the Digitakt when I send it the project backup from C6.

Am I missing something, or is there no way to receive a project backup?

5 Likes

Same … I’m really enjoying making stuff on the Digitakt, but they make it so difficult to actually create Songs, Transfer Stuff, etc…

My Main Wishes Thus Far after diving deeper:

1. Some sort of Song Mode, or Pattern Chaining Saving. (I understand this is meant to be a “performance” machine/instrument, but we also need to be able to actually make songs with this! Some of us want it for recording and writing.
  2. Sysex Receive for Projects. I also couldn’t get it to work for Patterns.
  3. Something better than menu diving to delete things.

I’m cutting it short here, trying to keep these basic wishes. It’s an amazing tool, and fun to create with, but it needs some practical development in a few areas. I like making little patterns and such, but I’d actually like to make songs and be able to share/edit that info easily with my Mac.

1 Like

Any solution?
Backed up. Sent DT to elektron for service. Unit failed and Elektron replaced with a new DT (Thanks Elektron this is exceptional behaviour and instills alot of faith and confidence) recieved replacement unit and went to reinstall projects and there is no sysex recieve for projects and the 4MB sysex files crash the transfer app…! It took me nearly a day to back up…:thinking: cant seem to find anything to the contrary on Elktronaughts??? Helps…

try using c6 for restoring projects, not transfer, that works the last time i checked.

Also if you put midi on usb only it will go faster.

Thanks so much…have tried this just now and C6 is crashing after sending a little bit of sysex… have read the manual and followed your instructions on the other threads for set up and usb config but ugh!! :cry:

Hits 69847 sent then just sits there. It looks like it the DT that crashing as its locked and needs a reboot to change state.