Autechre MD+MnM sysex files! [+ MPC, Nord]

Looks like Autechre have uploaded their sysex files from the 2008 Quaristice tour…

Go here, scroll to the bottom and click the little symbol on the left beneath the AE_LIVE links.

Glad I kept the Monomachine now… if only I still had the Machinedrum :stuck_out_tongue:

49 Likes

What are the sysex files doing / how does it work?

If you have a Machinedrum or a Monomachine you can load the .syx files and get their patterns/sounds.

4 Likes

okay, now I want both machines! That is so awesome!

2 Likes

Holy shit. Whaaaaaaaaat! Wow. This is wild.

14 Likes

Monomachine and machinedrum prices have now doubled. Hahaah

8 Likes

Woah.

Daaammmnnn.

1 Like

Have to go to sleep for work tomorrow, but also too excited about loading these in at work tomorrow. What a catch 22.

6 Likes

Autechre jam at the Elektron offices? :smiley:

Now I want to team up with my friend who has a Machinedrum and start an Autechre tribute act :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

omg.

1 Like

It’s be really funny if they were blank patches

5 Likes

I remember when no one about the EPS16 plus sampler and then Autechre said they use it with the wave boy disks…prices doubled

Before Autechure 200 for an eps16+ rack after Autechure 600. :frowning:

Actually I got more time with the machinedrum so now I got something to study

2 Likes

I’m so eager to analyze and tear these apart! Thanks!

:loopy:

I better start bidding on a monomachine on eBay and reverb before feces hits the fan.

i wonder how long that link has been sitting there in plain sight. :confused:

cool!

Oh…and thanks to @pselodux for pointing it out :wink:

4 Likes

Has anyone cracked open the MD one already? Is it pure synthesis or includes samples? Exciting either way

just loaded the MnM sysex. very cool. it is a full snapshot of kits and patterns.

now I really wish I had an MD to see the other half of these tracks!

3 Likes

there’s 7 songs on md which sound great just running untouched with patterns synced to mnm, i remember some of these from that tour, others are unheard or variations.
i’ve got mk1 md so might be missing some bars
the pattern banks are full, 77 kits mnm, 64 kits md, the kits contain batches of similarly named variants.

so new old autechre, an insight into how they made the boxes sound like that and, considering their attitude of sharing this, for anyone with an md or mnm to jam with.

this was my favourite tour, saw them in hearn street car park, and there was no decent recording. now its coming out the boxes it was made on in my home…
amazing times

13 Likes