Ask Me Anything on/about the Octatrack, OctaEdit, Moonbeams or Bunny Rabbits

I advise to create a couple of dummy projects (ā€˜Sourceā€™ and ā€˜Targetā€™) and just add a couple of samples into them and some trigs, then play aroudn with them a bit to get a good feel for the Manager and what it doesā€¦ there is a lot of power and functionality in there, so can get a bit confusing and hard to explain.

You can take a backup of your Set/Project (just archive on OSX or Windows)

OctaEdit has an ā€˜Auto Backupā€™ option which will backup your Project prior to atually writing the files to disk. This can be toggled on/off in: Options -> Backup -> Auto Backup

Have a look at the ā€˜Locationā€™ drop down in the: Manager -> Target group. This allows the ability to change where the physical audio files will be moved to when copying in Manager.

1 Like

Thanks, will try tomorrow.
Would love to try how transitions work out.

No problem at all. Just ping me if you need any help / assistance?

Hi. Did you try to use Purge Sample for the first 8 slots of Static and Flex ? :wink:

No, Iā€™ll need to sit down and see how the Octatrack behaves at some pointā€¦

Did you not see the v1.1.000 Release Notes??? What do you think Iā€™ve been doing with my time? hahaha

:slight_smile:

Keyword: Maybe :stuck_out_tongue:

Keyword : nudge. :pl:

Snap!

Yes. Purge Samples will purge samples in the first 8 Static or Flex Slots so long as they arenā€™t referenced within the Project.

1 Like

Just tried again.
New project, I only load 12 samples in Static slots.
Purge Samples > 4 samples removed (9-12).:sketchy:
Wonā€™t bother you moreā€¦
What about moonbeams ? :wink:

Somewhere in one of the 64 potential scenarios you have a reference to Slot001; because by default, Track01 uses slots Static001 and Flex001.

If you go through all the Parts, in all the Banks, and change them , you should see that you cna purge and remove samples that were asigned to Static001 and Flex001.

Tested on OSv1.25E

1 Like

Ok that make sense for Defauft Samples. We can consider they are used even without trigsā€¦
So if I want to purge those samples I have to select other slots as Default Sample.
I will try tomorrow.
Thanks !
Tested on 1.25H

Ok I trust you I donā€™t want to modify all banks parts without Octadedit. :wink:
So anyway do you agree that it is better to choose slots from 9 if you want to be able to purge samples ?

Thanks, I saw your impressive work for Mac platform.

Works just fine.
And pretty easy and quickā€¦thanks a lot Rusty !
First time round I forgot to do the same to the static samples.

Hi Rusty,
sorry to bug you about this, buhutt: any ETA on V1.2000? :smiley:

1 Like

[quote=ā€œjaschar, post:21, topic:35222ā€]sorry to bug you about this, buhutt: any ETA on V1.2000? :smiley:
[/quote]

I might just call it ā€œMkIIā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

Couple of weeks at the moment? It is a massive updateā€¦ so an aweful lot of checking and testing to be worked through. Certain special people like @Abhoth, @the_dreammer and @ON-OFF-ON might have seen some pretty picturesā€¦

6 Likes

Is there any way of remotely controlling start and end points within the audio editor?

I have my OT fully mapped to a couple of faderfox controllers so Iā€™m aware thereā€™s no cc mapping btw

Very sure you canā€™t. That would be great. For granular stuff ?
Live tweaking is interesting in audio editor for sure. I used it with Lfo on Playback Start with great results. Thanks to @Open_Mike. :wink:

With short slices, you can use playback LEN to reach the smallest value : 64 (sample chuncks).
For a 64 long loop you can plock different samples with short slices. Not the same, but it can be efficient. You already can do a lot with Playback Start/Len.

1 Like

how do I record three, five or for example 6 bars in the Pickup machines without getting a tempo fuck up? (I know itā€™s not possible, but would like your input on this)

OT only loops 1,2,4 or 8 bars. I have kindly asked for improvements in the new firmware for MKII