Arturia RackBrute and Link

I think atruria link will probably just be the adjustable stand which fits all the new products together, shown here

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/arturia-minibrute-2/49738/56?u=jb

2 Likes

The plot thickens. It’s possible but never underestimate marketing talk. Even if it is just the stand it could be described as a never seen before innovative all hardware midi free way to connect synths that can support your whole rig

1 Like

Only time will tell, it feels like marketing. The stand would unify the boxes and if they mass produce euro cases for a cheap price they would be democratising eurorack, particularly by luring the demographic for minibrute buyers into euroland. I think it’s safe to assume that if they’re releasing cases and adding a big patchbay to the minibrute they probably have future plans for budget eurorack modules. Might be wishful thinking though. As much as many modular guys hate the idea of mass produced modular I have nothing invested in it so it sounds good to me. To the point though, it would be cool if it’s something more than just a stand but the stand is still cool anyway

Right on, brother!

1 Like

Now we’re marketing!

1 Like

First thing I would do is slap stickers all over that back. Bleh.

Knew it! Classic marketing. The stand is pretty sweet still though. Is there a 3u and a 6u option then? I think i’d probably go for a case + a mother 32 over the minibrute2+rackbrute if I was to go modular but there’s definitely a market for this stuff. Hopefully this means some cheap modules coming in the future

People say that Eurorack is expensive. Can anyone give me an idea of the cost? For example in the Arturia video above, how much would those modules cost total?

read it and weep
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks

1 Like

Check out modular grid, you can build a modular from real modules and find a price. It doesn’t actually have to bankrupt you, I think it’s more the idea that there’s always more you can add. It obviously comes with a bit of a premium having a custom instrument but it’s not as unattainably expensive as it’s made out to be to get a starter rig setup from what I’ve seen. Also though it can be ridiculously expensive very quickly though if you have a taste for fancy modules

2 Likes

The modules in the video above would be around 1700 euro if you buy them new.
You can save some cash buying used.
However, there are some fancy modules in this one. Morphagene for example is around 600 Euro. So for the price of only that module you get more or less the whole minibrute…
So, if you buy more basic modules it can be way cheaper.

My 3u (one row as the one above) was about 2000 with the case.
But I also like fancy modules :slight_smile:

Most semimodulars are a bargain compared to buying single modules

I think, as you mentioned, the seemingly manic collector mentality that comes with the territory increases the price after a while. And there seems to be a lot less finished productions per dollar from what I’ve seen :smiley:

Modular wont bankrupt you as long as you remain focused on music making and not turn into a brand collector. I think where people get thrown down the money hole is when collecting outweighs usage.
The are a number of complete systems that are between 800$-1500$ which isn’t too bad and imo the better way to dive into modular is nabbing a complete system.

1 Like

It looks pretty cool to have a small rack for FX. But I understand that there’s some complication with putting line signals into the units, any knowledge on that? The whole topic is such a massive jungle of what the hells for me :smiley:

1 Like

from what i know the line signal is quite a bit lower than the modular signal and generally to boost the line signal one would use and attenuater module for the incoming line signal. But, i have heard a number of individuals say this is unnecessary and the line can be fed directly into the modular system.

1 Like

the good news is, VCV rack is free and extremely dope
https://vcvrack.com/

3 Likes

wow…

but bleeps per dollar go through the roof!

2 Likes

Thinking of picking up one for my Folktek Mescaline, if I ever decide I want to play out with it, instead of just sampling noises from it, for playback from Octatrack or OP-1.

Arturia RackBrute Travel Bag

You can fit the 6U or the 3U and there’s still room for a the MiniBrute 2 or 2S plus patch cables etc.

Price seems reasonable too at $80 USD.