Arturia Minibrute 2 / 2S

Yea, looks dope !

Good specced monosynth with nice features :slight_smile: semi modular with many patchpoints & Link Support o.O

looks great. Had a microbrute and miss it a little :slight_smile:
The patch points and the keytep style sequencer are great.

Hoping for a microbrute in this style… Or a poly :wink:

Every mini needs a micro…?? I’m likely wrong but I can GAS

1 Like

8 pattern memory is such a lame limitation imo.

2 Likes

Looks like some reviews up

2 Likes

41 posts were split to a new topic: Arturia RackBrute and Link

9 Likes

Does anyone know who the band is in their video?

The woman vocalist has a tremendous mysterious voice.

(I remember a discussion here about who the synth players were in a Matrixbrute announcement video near a year back.?

An analogue monosynth, holy cow I haven’t seen one in decades!! :confused:

5 Likes

Salvador Darlings

3 Likes

but only a few ones with such an extensive patchbay

2 Likes

Since the Beatstep Pro which was plagued with issues on release, and then the utter disappointment that was the DrumBrute, I have been wary of Arturia. They seem to cut too many corners…

Can only speak for microbrute and keystep, they are both pretty awesome for the price.
I can’t stand the sound of the drumbrute demos

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the reverse cymbal? How many other analog drum machines have a reverse cymbal? 0
But if i gave you the choice between the Drumbrute and the Akai TomCat which would you take?

2 Likes

The Tombrute I guess.
Reverse Cymbals are outstanding to be honest

Takes me back to The Beatles.

1 Like

haha. yeah. Tomorrow never knows

1 Like

I think the interface, feature set and patchbay are really great! I love the keystep sequencer.
4 Lfo’s if you count the second osc and the loopable Envelope. The brute sound is questionable. Some love it, some don’t. I was always torn back and forth.

First thing that caught my eye was, that there is a complex oscillator in there basically. Two Vco’s with analog fm, wavefolding and waveshaping options. That’s special. Of the new synths, I only know the 0-coast that offers that, but way more limited. You have to calibrate and sacrifice the slope and no waveshaping options. But a better wavefolder as far as I can tell.

6 Likes

What does Zelda have to do with Arutria link?!?!?! :smiley:

2 Likes

Linear OSC FM and filter FM :+1:

2 Likes