Arturia Minibrute 2 / 2S

it was not about that, it was about calibration (or circuit design maybe?), only small portion of the sliders was making any difference in sound, the rest was kind of useless, and they are short to begin with.

Well that’s was the point the guy I was replying to was making.
In that price range, there’s a lot to compete with, so the new sequencer /bells/whistles need to be able to stand up when compared to others in that price range.

1 Like

love the features & stuff… but the Arturia sound never quite does it for me ( though the Matrixbrute was nice )… guess I’m too dialled into the pure class of the Moog sound… that 2 pole Steiner Parker filter just isn’t my thing.
But props to Arturia for coming up with this set-up… as things stand though Moog will still be getting my ££ for a DFAM to go with my Mothers, unless NAMM has something else up its sleeve.

1 Like

I may consider trading in my 0-Coast and Beatstep pro for this, I’ve not been getting enough use of the 0-Coast to justify the purchase, think a Minibrute would be more useful in my workflow. Think I’ll delve into the 0-Coast more over the next few months before making that jump. I’ve not been much a fan of it’s nasaly sound so far but there’s probably a lot of unexplored territory. I’m wondering how the Minibrute2 compares.

I’m somewhat disappointed that Arturia have labeled this the Minibrute 2 instead of creating a new product title. As the old quote goes “Competition kills creativity”. While this quote is true it also lowers the darn resale value of my original Minibrute!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic discussion on competition

the new one without sequencer is sweeeeet

20 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic discussion

Concept reminds me strongly at Novation Monostation.
But either way…Analog Four can do all of the Minibrute 2S or Monostation times 4.

1 Like

Still haven’t found any description (unless it’s buried in a YouTube video that I haven’t made time to sit through yet) of this “triple layered sequencer”. But hey! Three layers!

futurama - three layers

Exactly what I told myself after watching the videos.
Not all but most of it and a lot other things they can‘t do.
I prefer the sound of the monostation over the minibrute I guess

I think 0-coast sounds more interesting, more harmonics in that oscillator and better results in the strange department.

3 Likes

I also prefer the sound of the 0 coast to the microbrute by far

6 Likes

Anyone know what the mean by triple layered sequencer?

Really good sounds from the 2S here. Seems like it’s capable of getting really wild. I’ve been missing my MS20 lately but it seems like this could be a better solution, especially with the sequencer.

6 Likes

The keyboard version has a sequencer as well – i got confused looking at them. The sequencer is more ‘editable’ (let’s say) with the 2S. You probably know this already Anfim (you’re comparing to the MS20) – i thought this was worth emphasis because i found it confusing.

I didn’t know that actually, will check the vid out. It’s cool that they made the pads on the 2S pressure sensitive, makes losing the keyboard sting a little less.

Gotta say that these are pretty ugly though.

@anfim Agreed, pretty ugly. I think it’s the fake wood sides that make it worse. real wood classes it up a bit, look at the skinibrute mod

It looks 10000x better imo

4 Likes

And aftertouch on the keyboard which is big!

The two octave only is a limitation, so external keyboards have that advantage – but two octaves are great from both a price and size standpoint.

1 Like

This. Made me skip the drumbrute, too. I just couldn‘t stand to look at this thing for prolonged periods.

2 Likes