Arrangement mode workflow, how do you do it?

I’ve finally worked a bit with the arrangement mode and it’s really powerful and cool. I find it interesting not so much to create finished songs, but more to organize live performance material in a more structured way, creating looping chains of patterns, or variations of patterns, etc.

This said, I find it really cumbersome to have to switch back and forth between the normal and the arrangement mode, since while editing an arrangement you can’t edit any of the machine parameters or nor can you change trigs and locks. The non-editing arrangement mode is also a bit hard to use imho, while it lets you perform the arrangement with access to all machines, it does lack some of the useful info the edit-view of the arrangement provides.

So the big question is: how do you use the arrangement mode? Do you also feel it a bit annoying to have to switch back&forth? How do you deal with it, do you just plan everything ahead so you don’t have to go back to change parameters or trigs? Or is there some trick I should be aware of?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Arranger Tips