AR input for OT master

Any experience with that? My plan is to buy octatrack and insert master into AR input and record via OB

1 Like

Hmm! Not a bad idea! The OT CAN get pretty loud, and that would save having to use a master effect leaving you open for someone else.

Not a bad idea at all! Should work! Let me know how it goes!

That isn’t a bad idea at all. Question, though: would there be any kind of feedback issue if you’re running the AR into the OT inputs?

If one doesn’t, that opens a pair of inputs. Nice.

A lot of people complain about the input gain being too low. Try mixing the AR around whatever you put in it and DO NOT forget the makeup gain on the compressor.

It that case I will not connect AR to octa…I just want to record octa without soundcard :smiley:

Oh ok. Should be totally fine. But thanks for inspiring ideas, all the same!

1 Like

Record OT with no soundcard.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/musical-instruments/detail-page/B000068O3C_img1.jpg

Nevertheless, the OT works great through the RYTM, but better yet, RYTM>OT

I read that AR Input is really bad? They fixed that or?

The rytm input is not bad, it’s just expecting super loud levels.

Did you try it?

I don’t agree that the input is “bad” or expects super loud levels.

I don’t think it was made to be a transparent “preamp” - like on an interface - but as an optional input to pair something with the AR and glue them both together. In that sense, you have to mix the AR around the input, which is entirely different then a transparent preamp.

That being said, I think it could be certainly usable in this way, just not as you would expect from a soundcard.

Find more discussion in this helpful thread: