AR Din Sync out to Beatstep Pro

Is anybody being able to successfully sync the Analog RYTM with the Beatstep Pro using AR DinSync OUT -> Beatstep Pro Clk IN?

I’m using the DIN adapter included with the Beatstep Pro (the black one), but it seems the BSP is just receiving transpose, but not clock as the Play/Stop buttons light up accordingly to the ones on the Analog Rytm, but the sequencer doesn’t run.

I checked AR global setting page and both Clock and Transpose send are enabled :confused:

Is the BSP in sync mode?

There’s a lot of terminology spell check errors here, are you really trying to use DIN Sync as opposed to DIN MIDI Clock sync

DIn Sync does not necessarily play ball with your adaptors included with the arturia, they are for DIN MIDI and use the central three pins of a 180deg 5 pin midi cable, whereas the DIN Sync format uses the outer two and central one primarily - do you actually just want to use Normal MIDI, then you are using the wrong ports on the arturia, just use midi and ensure AR is set for MIDI, not DIN Sync which is an older standard

There’s also a DIN sync adapter that comes with the BSP. It’s the black one, I think.

Apologize for the confused terminology, I made an image that shows more clearly how I connected the two devices.

a midi cable won’t work here, you need a fully wired 5 pin din cable or a specific din sync cable - different pins are used and most midi cables are only wired in the central three

further info here to qualify what I was saying about the pinout and it may explain what you observed

1 Like

Thanks avantronica! I knew Midi and DIN pins are connected in two different ways but I wrongly assumed the MIDI cable had all the 5 pins wired. :confounded:

I will buy a couple of new 5pin connectors and build a proper din sync cable and report back if all works correctly.

1 Like

EDIT: It works now! :yum:

If anyone have this problem, remember to check that BSP ClockIn/Out is set at 24ppq and the AR Out port is set to DIN24.

2 Likes