Anyone synced 2 OTs in Arranger mode?

Yep, as the title says. I’m interested if anyone has got experience from this.

I think @Rusty might be able to assist with this.

I should start invoicing Elektron…

2 Likes

:content: care to tell me first and invoice them later?

1 Like

It’s been a while, what did you want to know?

@Hades_of_Spades might have some input as well.

Well, basically how the sync worked and if you have any great takeaways of the setup.

I’m toying with the idea of going all otb but I’m afraid I’ll feel limited by one OT (I’m using it to capture AK & AR sequences).

[quote=“dobermate, post:6, topic:31364, full:true”]
Well, basically how the sync worked and if you have any great takeaways of the setup.[/quote]

I don’t really use the Arranger mode… hence others may be better informed then me.

Sync is fine, though you do get some slippage with the slave octatrack. If you want to use pickup machines, you’re going to have to assign/use them on the Master.

tbh,I can’t really recommend a dual Octatrack setup, as there are a few bugs in the OS that have never been resolved, which cause, imho, serious issues/limitations when attempting to use two of them together in a master/slave relationship. I’ve long ago given up trying to find a satisfactory methodolgy of working with two of them.

Maybe one day I’ll try all three of mine together :loopy:

Personally I use an OT, AR, Virus TI, @guga’s SMD, and a pair of Ruin & Wesen MiniCommands. OT for samples/midi; AR for Drums; Virus for synth; SMD & MiniCommands for “magic pixie dust”

The only way I feel limited is my absolute and entire lack of talent.

5 Likes

@Rusty your words are like poetry for the electronic music maker

3 Likes

Not necessarily using the arranger, but …

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, guys! I kinda figured dual OTs probably wasn’t the right way but needed to sanity check with the elite :).

1 Like