Any problems with octatrack mk1 with newest OS?

Hei there.
Festival season is coming up, and this year im going to replace the laptop with my octatrack. Excited for this, but since im reading that elektron gear has some hickups along the board, i want to ask you if anybody has had any issues with the octatrack mk1 with the latest firmware?

Ive not had any problems while learning it and practicing, but for example my rytm mk1 had been fine since many years, and just the othet day it freezes on me.

Im going to play a few bigger festivals this year, and i dont have the nerves to worry about the octa freezing up on me.

So, anybody had some issues, or rock solid (as is my experience)?

No issues for me with 1.30B. Really appreciate TRCs, giving more space for lfos !

3 Likes

same here, solid although I haven’t used to the max…guess I can thank the MK2 for getting a great deal on a used MK1 that delivers!

2 Likes

Same here! Mk2 dropped and got a near new mk1 for cheap. Solid still, really looking forward to use it live :metal:

1 Like

You have to watch out for some things. Like the whole thing goes silent if you make a change to the memory settings.

(In which case save the project and reload)

2 Likes

Or just open up the Edit window of each Track.

1 Like

In a performance situation, id stay well of any changes to any deeper functions than the tracks and samples. But thanks, worth keeping an eye out for :+1:

Wasn’t this problem already present in 1.25x versions ?

1 Like

Yes. Just the way I interpreted OP I guess

2 Likes

Everything to look out for is welcome!

1 Like