Another cv/gate question

Hi guys, trying to conf my Erebus dreadbox with A4 and i think im missing something…allready read 2467444 posts but just cant do this right.

These are my settings and im using a ycable stereo-2 mono Jack

Does anybody hás the same setup can give me some help please?
Cheers

That’s a lot of reading, man!

What’s going on as of now? Are you getting any output from the Erabus or is it tuning you’re having trouble with?

You’ll need to send it gate as well on another cv channel if you aren’t already.

its out of tune

what am im missing here
does anybody has the same setup

have a read of the many many threads discussing this very common issue … it’s not likely to be a fundamental problem, but rather a problem with approach
have a good read through all the ideas discussed here, so you can think the problem through yourself
CV tuning or others …
Is it V/Oct
Is the octave range of the CV synth broad
Are you playing too high low on A4
Are your cables working as expected (ie separating)
Try keeping it simple to get a foot in the door
Try C3 > C4 and set a voltage of maybe 2v and 3v
Is it close - does it gate properly
does swapping the cables around make a difference (ie is cable truly TRS to dual mono)
don’t forget that some synth will transpose if you touch their keyboards during manual CV calibration process described in A4 OS release notes - so if you have a synth which does (like microbrute) it is important to not touch the synth after calibration begins - it must be sounding the same note that you set in A4 - this is an issue for some Moog calibration
it should be a piece of cake if you’re methodical
ps: if you provide detail you may be able to get some assistance, it’s all too vague I’m afraid

Many thanks… I will make a vid and post here (not sure of i can do it here) to show what happen.

you’ll be further towards a solution if you explain/quantify what is wrong - plus if you try the other solutions and threads as suggested
better the fishing-rod than the fish as they say

This is driving me crazy…

Allready try those settings no luck, doesnt work

I have Erebus and Hades and im trying to conf both
CvA pitch v/oct Erebus
CvB gate Erebus

CvC Pitch v/oct Hades
CvD gate Hades

CvA & B control Erebus and C&D should control Hades but when i chance some parameters it alters both units

Im starting to loose my Mind

Which track do you use for triggering?

I use the CV tracks to trigger (next to the FX track)

That makes all sense, if you want to trigger both synths at the same time.
If you want to trigger them separately you should set up two different tracks for triggering :wink:

And if you fm have latest OS, this won’t work, because there is still a trigger/pitch bug if you want to trigger cv from track 1-4.

Yes allready have the last firmaware

and are you using this cable ?

Im using a cable from Thomann an Insert cable (y stereo- 2 mono)
And 2 plug adapters 6.5 to 3.5

I think I might know what’s going on here.
You’ll need to trigger the two devices from different tracks if you don’t want the trigs intended for one dreadbox to affect the other.
On the CV pages for say A and B, which are controlling the Erabus in this case, the rightmost encoder on the top row (E) will set which track that CV channel receives instruction from.
Set it to FX for CV A and CV B, and leave CV C and CV D on the CV track.
Now to trigger the Erabus, you’ll need to place trigs or play the keyboard on the FX track, because CV A&B will now listening for instructions there rather than from the CV track.
Hope that helps!

Yes it works that way many thanks

Well since i cannot tune both synths properly i think im going to connect them as i have before.
Going to connect them by Midi in 2 channel in my Octatrack this way i cant go wrong

nothing to learn here …

Since OP solved his problem, I’ll hijack with a related question:

How come the “value lin” CV type doesn’t let you choose a track source, like the others do? I want to sequence a melody (CV AB, track 1) and 2 parameters (C from CV track and D from FX track). Is this possible? I have a dirty workaround but I wonder if there’s a more elegant solution.

conceptually it doesn’t make sense !
the value is its own source - you can plock it lfo it or env it or wiggle it to your heart’s content - but it won’t relate to other tracks’ parameters

conceptually it doesn’t make sense !
the value is its own source - you can plock it lfo it or env it or wiggle it to your hearts content - but it won’t relate to other tracks’ parameters[/quote]
I suppose you’re right, because the value param wouldn’t appear for plocking in any other track, unlike ‘note’… What I want is one sequence driving the melody, and a diffent sequence on the filter or amp. Still works using the note setting rather than the value though, so all good.

It would be very cool and nice, if dreadbox or electron would post a
step by step guide for dummies how to set up cv sequence erebus or hades with A4.

I have both, and have fun cv sequencing them with the very basic cv out of tanzbär, but would be nice to do cv bass from tanzbär, and make more pad-like stuff with a4 cv to erebus.
if i knew its easy, i would be VERY willing to order the a bit expensive cv split cable from elektron.

or someone else? thanks and sorry