Analog303 kit : ) (AND dual303-kit)

I’m not a 303 purist but it’s nice to throw acid lines with your kit. Good job.

3 Likes

Thx! That’s exactly why I made this: to make the A4 an easy acid-jam companion for my new TR-8 :slight_smile:
(Sometimes, when I’m just not feeling like sound designing, but just easy jammin’ when I’m in my studio…)

1 Like

Thanks for this. I think the a4 does a solid acid.
I’m going to download yours and try to get in the habit of setting up performance nobs.

2 Likes

Pretty clever, man. Well done!

1 Like

Yeah, saved me alot of trouble trying that, good job.
Now go make an sh101 patch :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@invalid challenge accepted :slight_smile: which 10 knobs from the 101 would you like as performance macro?

I suggest:
Saw sqr noi frq res
Ata dec sus rel envf

Where the envelope controls filter and vca. Envf = env to filter amount. Pm me if you have some other ideas.

UPDATE: work in progress: Challenge: analog modelling

Will update the files section with kit and create a new thread, as to keep this one for the analog303 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sounds good to me, ill leave it in your capable hands, cant wait to hear the results.
:smiley:

1 Like

A small bump for the analog303 kit on 303 day :blush:

3 Likes

I was playing around with this kit just the other day. Very cool man! Lot of fun!

Finding this article an interesting read

http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/dfish/303-unique.html

1 Like

Tim Stinchcombe also has a great article on diode ladder filters in general (a la EMS and 303), with lots of specific info on the 303:

http://www.timstinchcombe.co.uk/index.php?pge=diode

http://www.timstinchcombe.co.uk/index.php?pge=diode2

4 Likes

BTW, if I just send this to my AK with MIDIOX, exactly what will it overwrite?

For some reason this doesn’t install. When I try to install it to my +drive it just gets stuck in waiting mode. I’ve successfully installed the 1991 sound pack so I’m not sure whats wrong. Am I supposed to be installing it to a specific place? Any suggestions?

Be aware this is not a “sound”, but a “kit”.

Go to global–>sysex dump–>receive–>receive kit.
Then select a spot and send the .syx .
If you don’t select a spot the kit will be placed in the first free one.

After sending the .syx exit the global menu and browse your kits to find this one.

Have fun!

1 Like

Is C6 Sysex Manager the recommended way to do this? I usually use MIDIOX, but happy to switch if this is better.

Ah okay this should fix the problem. Thanks!

1 Like

Hermetech

Is C6 Sysex Manager the recommended way to do this? I usually use MIDIOX, but happy to switch if this is better.

Both should work, but Elektron’s own C6 works like a charm for me. :slight_smile:
(and supports turbo midi as well)

2 Likes

I use Simple Sysexxer on Linux with no problems.

This is really great, but I seem to be unable to load the 303 sound on any other track than T1 (even after saving the inital Track sound to a new slot, and then loading this sound on another track). T2-T4 themselves work fine if any other sound is loaded… Am I missing some specific voice routing or something?

Ooooh! I like this idea! I’m gonna have to see about trying to duplicate the first track on all 4 and modify the macros to have a quartet for 303 emulations

I’ll see if I run into any problems, I don’t see why I would though?

1 Like