Analog Single Cycle Waveforms

Following on from Void_Vertex’s recent share of SCW’s for the Octatrack, I finally got around to retuning a pack of analog waveform samples that I found online a long time back. They are taken from many different synths and there may even be some rare ones in there.

I’ve retuned all the waveforms to work nicely with Octatrack. There are a number of missing samples that just completely refused to retune so i didn’t include them.

Someone went to a lot of effort to collect all these waveforms and unfortunately I’m not actually sure where I got them from now, but big thanks to that person!

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Edit: I removed the Sendspace link and uploaded the pack to the files section here on Elektronauts.

17 Likes

nice one :ok_hand:

cheers

Sean

1 Like

Wow, these are pretty nice sounding! If I could find some good quality FM waveforms I’d be set on the synthesis side. I absolutely love these single cycle waveforms, great building blocks to create your own sounds from. Thanks!

1 Like

requires an account to download?

No prob guys, I’ll have to track down whoever made them originally, it must have taken a long time!

safetyofobjects , it shouldn’t need account details. I’ll re-upload them on the files section here to make it a bit more permanent.

1 Like

Well, there’s always my little hangout…

http://scw.sheetsofsound.com/

Fun, and the random button is cool. Plus, no hassles with logins or anything. In-browser, so easy to waste time at work, too! If you want an in-tune waveshape (works best with hardware samplers), use one of the sample lengths (found in the Options menu) that is a multiple of 900.

Cheers!

[ddg]

7 Likes

Excellent stuff. Cheers!

Hi Darwin, good to see you here. And good to see your editor! Somehow I missed that. Very cool!

1 Like

Hey Scot - good to see you, too!

I’ve always wanted to revisit the dev tool I used to create the Wiard Waveform City - I finally got off my butt and did it. But having the selection warping, sample count alternatives and load-your-own waves jacks it up nicely.

I have a lot of fun with this - which is saying something, because code is like cooking: it’s often hard to enjoy your own!

[ddg]

2 Likes