Analog Rytm OS 1.45: bug discussion

I’m experiencing the same thing, It’s not bad enough to get in my way.
Way too excited about the Dual VCO

2 Likes

I updated my MK1 to OS 1.45. The dual VCO’s sounds really good but I can only change pitch with the TUN knob. Chromatic mode don’t seem to work and all pads gives the same (c-2) note. Did a re-install of the OS but chromatic mode still don’t work on my machine. Am I missing something obvious here, is it a bug, or just normal behavior?

Press func+synth and make sure ‘chromatic’ includes ‘syn’

4 Likes

Something obvious it was: Thanks!

1 Like

What continues to be a gripe for me on the AR is that options in that menu are too far down the menu hierarchy, considering how important they are. It’s not the most memorable menu to get to. Try fine tuning some velocity or aftertouch mod settings and you’ll quickly see what I mean. I have a hunch none of the UI designers use those features

I got problems with Programm Change after updating…

i have hooked up an expresison pedal to the control in 1, and have set up a few parameters on a kit, when switching kits to a kit that has no control assignments, the old parameters are still being modulated with the pedal. don’t know if this is a bug, or if it is bad, actually sounds good, and is really cool when you don’t have the time to set the modulation parameters on the fly.
so, if a bug, i’d vote for it to be a feature

2 Likes

The trigless plocks now seem to blink off for a short bit, at a rate completely unrelated to the tempo. Very annoying.
Anyone seen this?

Also, Func + Track sometimes takes me directly to the project select list. No way to get to the menu above. Repeated Func + Track still takes me directly to project list without menu.

Seems fixable by messing with selecting different functions and trying Func + Track again.

1 Like

Have any of these bugs been confirmed by Elektron?

Are you on an mk1 or mk2?

Sorry :slight_smile: Mk I

Dang, me too. Haven’t updated yet.

Well, it may be good to wait a week or so and see if elektron releases a bug fix.

As the summer holiday season is upon us, I fear any bugfixes might be coming later than sooner… But lets hope they get here soon.

hi there,

first time posting (learned quite a lot here though) on a sad occasion.

i loved beeing able too predefine the muted pads w/ func (blue led) and save that future mute state by pressing tempo and have hands free controll till i press func again and release the mutes.

now thats gone.

i heavily relied on this funktion…teardrop

would be great if this could be fixed

5 Likes

Oh sheesh! Didn’t even realize this might get removed one day… Sad indeed. That one was always a fun trick to do live, breakdown, set the unmutes back and lock em, fingerdrum a few fills with the trig buttons and BOOM, func button to get back on track! I will miss having it…

EDIT: Confirmed, the mute state change cannot be ”locked” anymore. :sob:

EDIT2: IIRC there was also a second way to ”lock” the mute state change which involved pressing the perf or macro button while holding down the func with blue pads set. This is no longer working either! So now, unless one uses an external pad etc controller, there is no way to keep a mute state change held while manipulating macros, perfs or playing the pads for a more elaborate transition/buildup.

2 Likes

we wont get it back? all hope is gone?

where to sign up the petition, where to buy the forks.

These bugs seem really frustrating and pretty obvious stuff to test before pushing the stuff to public. I hope they release a fix in a few days and the talks about ‘summer holiday season’ surely is just a joke.

I’m the only one here saying anything about a summer holiday.

But I work in IT, where is a very common tactic to drop an update just before going on holidays, and letting the dust settle until people get back. It’s called ”betatesting in production” and sadly for the users, its a very common and popular startegy…

But since Iam just a user (with no official nor unofficial affiliations to elektron) and am speculating, there is no way that you can take this as a fact. Just saying, dont get your hopes up wrt a quick fix for these…

1 Like