Analog Rytm OS 1.45: bug discussion

Samples work fine on MK1 BT5 here…Is your Sample Level Up and SMP enabled on the Trig Page?

1 Like

(MKI) Pattern change bug is HUGE. Seems as though it only happens when LEN is set to INF - no matter what you set CHG to, the pattern will not change. Hopefully this gets fixed asap, I have a gig coming up!

You’d better downgade the OS or start rehearsing pressing stop and play in rapid succession. We do not know when these bugs will be fixed.

Already don’t remember if this was a feature pre 1.45OS, but after update I can cycle twice through ranges of (x1 - x2k) on the LFO multiplier.

[x1, x2, x4, … ,x2k, x1, x2,x4…, x2k]

this regression bug is discussed above, it’s just a display issue

Try altering the ‘Direct Change’ setting to ‘Direct Start’. You will then be able to change your infinate patterns during your live set.

Infinate not gonna work in song/chain mode unfortunately. 'Tis a bit crap that ‘CHNG’ is broken.

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/ar-a4-mk1-os-1-45-1-35-a-bug-progr-recieve-inf-pattern-length-chng-to-8-not-changing-pattern-anymore/58763/6

Ahh the SMP was disabled on the trig page for some reason! cheers

1 Like

Sync from AR MKI to an external device (PC) via USB seems broken.

Trying to use AR MKI as master, Live as slave with “EXT” ON.
Yes, “send clock” and “send transport” are ON.
A4 MKI (not updated) works perfectly with the same settings.

MidiOX receives no clock/transport from AR.
Confirm?

My unit is still heating up quite a bit even after the update :frowning: . I know Elektron say its normal that it heats up and I have other gear like the prophet 6 omitting heat. But this thing is still the hottest thing in my studio(no pun intended).

About that latching mute state change function that was removed in this OS version, seems like the latching still exists in some form. I was going through some more of my old projects today, and messing with func + pads sometimes created a latching state… However I am unable to reliably replicate the latching?? I’ll see if I can figure out a way to get the mute states to latch in a way that is reproducible. Lets hope it can still be done somehow!

1 Like

+1

Are you not just muting the sound by playing a pad and as a result overriding the sequencer?

Nope. Talking about the undocumented ”mute state change latch” function which was removed in the latest OS.

On the older OS, one could dial in a batch of mute state changes by first pressing func + pad(s) in mute mode, making those mute tracks show a blue light. Then, with those still held, hitting the tempo button once ”latched” those blue lights, which would be held until pressing function once more.

3 Likes

Does it still work when switching modes?

Still on old OS

I am so sorry, I was not aware of that feature. I just recently discovered the “function+mute” which is awesome for live, but I never tried to latch that mode.

That latching is great

1 Like

at least it was before the update…

1 Like

Does anyone have time to check this? Support can’t seem to reproduce it, but I’ve tried everything. All other devices (on older OS’) send clock fine via USB. Thanks!

And you have enabled midi out to USB on the AR (global/midi config/port config)?

I’m already back on the older OS so can’t confirm latch is gone but puuhhllleeaasseee put it back Elektron.

Unless there’s the same feature executed differently…