Analog Rytm MK2 initial impressions

If you have kit 1 on pattern 1 and you have Kit 1 on pattern 2 and adjust something, pattern one will be affected as well. So what the heck are you supposed to do besides save Kit1 pattern 2 as a different kit, like Kit2? Am I misunderstanding something?

I use kits that way. But I guess it depends on what you want to do.
Sometimes I don’t want to make changes at all and ends up with one kit for the whole song. :slight_smile:
Though I honestly love have different kits in every pattern.
One thing you have to have in mind is that if you do drastic changes, it could be a mess. :thinking:
At the same time that might be what catches the ear of the listener. :sunglasses:

1 Like

How else would you want it to be? If you are making a change to a kit, saving it as a new kit makes sense if you want it to be a permanent change to that kit. If you are just modifying an existing kit a little, it makes sense to p-lock those changes and keep the base kit the same. You can also use scenes and performance macros to make kit variations.

3 Likes

Makes sense, I have 3 hours on the thing. Never touched one before.

I had a reply from Elektron and they suggest returning the unit and have it exchanged or sent in for repairs.
The problem showed up again today so I’ll have it exchanged.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Analog Rytm MKII is now shipping

Soo where are the user experience reports wrt resampling? As an mk I user, this interests me the most… Also, secondary parameter pages? Does this mean that there’s finetuning of sample start/end points now?!

2 Likes

I watched a few videos of the sampling. It looks pretty lacklustre to me. Since I have an OT, I am not even going to bother sampling with the AR

What would you like to know about the resampling feature in particular? I’ve been loving it.

Some resampling in here.

Apologies for the treble. I’m not in a studio, I’ve got 8050 Genelecs in boxes and I’m “mixing” on earphones :joy:

1 Like

Hey kotare, thanks for chiming in!

Just interested in hearing how easy it is to resample stuff and how you deal with editing the samples is all. Is it clunky to use? And can you back up your samples finally somehow?

You always manage to make the rytm sound like you, seem like mk II is no exception!

No it’s very simple. Two buttons and I’m armed to record. Immediately after recording the waveform editor appears and I can cut the sample very quickly. Then it asks if I want to send it to a track.

That’s it, pretty much. Plus, after grabbing a sample from the waveform editor, the capture remains there in case I want to get other samples from it. You can preview the selected area as you’re editing start/end points.

It’s as you would expect. Very helpful though, for resampling a single track with the master DIST or COMP :smirk:

2 Likes

Thanks :blush: To be honest, this is my first time digging into a RYTM in 14 months. I took a break from music and did other things.

Cuckoo did a tutorial video on sampling

1 Like

Any news on this issue? Mine started doing this today after 3 to 4 weeks of working fine.

Djeez, more of that… I’m itching to order one but seeing all these posts I think I 'm going to hold out a little and wait for later production runs.

As I wrote later Elektron said I should return it so I did. The store doesn’t have any new units in stock ATM so I’ll have to wait. Not good if this really is a hardware fault since there has already been a number of units with it. How does something like this even arise when all units are produced in the exact same way?

Production processes (and components) have tolerance margins. They can never achieve 100% sameness.

Its weird and I doubt it’s a hardware issue cause i haven’t had any trouble since I got it a few days before Xmas… until today.