Analog RYTM Line Output to DJ Mixer

Can someone shed some light to AR line output level ?

In the manual it reads +15 dbu Output impedance: 440 unbalanced.

For the Allen & Heath PX5 it reads only that it uses line level RCA signal.

Channel GAIN Control
Adjusts the Channel input sensitivity to compensate for different audio signal source levels. -∞/+10dB.

Does that technically mean, i could safely connect the AR without risking to damage the channel, because i could adjust the channel input gain ?

Another question would be, if its technically a soundcard, would it run its output signal to abelton, insert vst limiter & EQ, and then send out to main out ? Or would i have to send for example 4 channels to abelton live, apply the FX, then route back to one of the mixers input ?

You can connect to the mixer with TS 1/4" to RCA cables. Usually the interfacing between a DJ mixer works pretty smoothly, I can get roughly the same kind of levels that I get from a CDJ if it was plugged into the same linein channel (however most mastered music is quite a bit louder of course).

If textbook impedance bridging is desired, the rytm would like to see an input impedance of 4.4k ohms or more. Have not actually checked the specs on DJ mixers to see what their usual line level input impedances are… As things have sounded fine.

As for how to use the audiointerface features of that specific A&H mixer, sorry, no idea.

1 Like

I run all my elektron boxes into px5. Works great. I set the PX5 input gain knob at 0db and then use the boxes level knobs etc to get a good signal onto the channel meters.

Ive sent audio into ableton(from PX5) to sample but thats about it.

1 Like

If you send the In channel to Abelton, how is Out handeld? I.e. where do you route your output channel to? Is the main out of PX5 then Abelton Live Main out ? Is it then possible to insert a Limiter vst on that out? Maybe the question is dumb, but i try to understand the hybrid part of the mixer.

Not sure how it would work. I generally use another mixer with ableton(which I think would be the same, Rane 64).

I send the master out from ableton to channel 1 on my Rane 64. Ive never tried sending it to the main out on Rane64. I think it would be possible however it may then end up layered on top of the inputs. Without trying I cant confirm tho.

If its just a limiter you want you can use the master insert connectors on PX5 to plug a hardware limiter in.