AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

:heat: :fire_engine:

2 Likes

yea, possible!
I mean what this essentially is, is you have multiple variations of pattern tracks. So basically if you store a bunch of pattern variations in some sort of external memory (iPad RAM), and then listen for pad presses, and based on that you send back individual tracks into the current pattern… that’s about it!

It’s not limited to p-locks… can be entire tracks from fully different patterns. Can also be sounds. Could also be that someone made this but hasn’t released it yet. :smile:

6 Likes

Jesus that’d be pretty rad if you did that.

Were you not also working on a way to save plocks as sound?

2 Likes

there’s one thing i really need - some kind of INFO screen.
for reminder notes - what is most usable at scene or perf modes. or what track is playing that sound, that you’ll want to mute or filter at live situation. or what pattern is good to play next.
i always have a sheet of paper with those notes, but it would be really helpful to immediately see this kind of information on screen.
maybe screen splash for 1 or 2 seconds, when selecting a new pattern. or some button combination, to show it on and off.
right now there’s really not enough info about kit or pattern on screen. i can only save bpm number at kit’s name, and that’s about it :confused:

Ctrl all +1

1 Like

^ get Strom:

3 Likes

<3 Strom <3

1 Like

Computer Based Content/Sample/Pattern Management :heart_eyes:
would be awesome…

1 Like

The only thing I want to see updated on the AR is easier, more immediate access to the velocity and aftertouch modulation pages. These are powerful features that require a fair amount of fine tuning to get just right. Unfortunately they are a couple menu layers down, so there’s a good amount of superfluous button pressing to get parameters just right when toggling between the parameter pages and modulation pages. This is, to me at least, an unfortunate impediment to the overall workflow of sound design. Ideally access to these pages would be similar to accessing track setup - [FN + trig/setup]. Since [FN + any other page button] brings you to the sound settings page, any 2 of the page buttons could easily be commandeered to create shortcuts with the FN button to the modulation pages.

3 Likes

Agreed, I feel a lot of users probably miss this, stuff like re-trigs with velocity ramps and modulations are amazing.

1 Like

Idea inspired by @panelist (I think it was the use of more immediate access line):

When in Scene/perf page, being able to hold the Function button and alternate between the pages. A way to sorta merge the pages into a one page functionality and releasing the function button to return to the original page.

Also, the ability to change tracks without having to hold the track button down(I know I mentioned this already, but it means that much to me)

I feel there are some places where functionality could be doubled up to assist in live playing at least. I pretty much never use the trigs instead of the pads to play/audition voices, they could be used for mutes when on other pages. Preferably as an option so that it doesn’t break anyone else’s workflow. Juggling between Scene/Perf/Mute pages live can be rather hectic and also stops you doing certain things like hitting mutes/scnes while you’re doing the claw hand with the perf page.

I’ve resorted to using an external controller to deal with this, but something simple like assigning Track + Mute/Scene to activate these on trigs could work. While there is no silkscreening for these potential functions, we could have flashing LED on the corresponding page.

2 Likes

Oooh! Good point! Okay, “function” brings up the alt performance screen, and the track button brings up the mute screen. Everything can be done from the unit.

I already did (and yes it fckin rocks!) but I mean Ctrl-Al TRACK, as on the Machinedrum, so it’s possible to do that awesome trick

2 Likes

What’s the difference between cntrl all track va normal control all?

On a ctr-al trk you can realtime record step automation, and then muting/unmuting the playback of the track unchain crazy stuff. It’s a bomb, the happy accident party, and that’s why I still think MD is da beast

4 Likes

Whoa! That is BRILLIANT! That might actually make me want to not sell my MDUW!

Thanks!

Try it - quite similar to AR scenes when you mute and unmute the crt-all track but more random. also try doing the mute and unmute trick with the crtall effects track.

1 Like

I am sorry if someone mentioned this before, but is it possible to have a Cntr all function (like the digitakt has), i am aware of the mighty STROM app, but it would be awesome if elektron implement this function in the next OS update !

cheers!

2 Likes

Could what? I’m sorry I don’t understand why I was summoned. :flushed:

3 Likes