Analog rythm samples?

Hi guys new here, i just purchased my Analog Rhythm few days back and have been getting familiar with it, i have read the manual a few time but I’m struggling with 2 issues.

1. if i open my samples folder it has catagories for particular sounds (not drum kits section) for example kick drum- i click on that and it has 9 kick drum samples to choose from, is this correct, surely a machine costing 1200 has more samples than that?

also whats the best way to sync the machine with ableton live?

Thanks guys

Check Elektrons website for sample packs you can buy if u don’t have any already. Otherwise, you can load your own via the C6 app downloadable from Elektrons website, or via the SDS third party app available on the App Store (macOS only)

Otherwise, you might try using the Clock feature using Overbridge mode plugin via USB to sync to Ableton.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks, yea i have checked the sample packs out but didn’t intend on buying samples after buying the machine for a hefty price tag. Amazed with how little sounds are on the unit.!

Sample are intend to be Layers… Layers can be reusable to infinite are they only be part of the design, so your final sound cut better through the MIX SO Layers (Sample) + Sounds (Function + Sounds > Sound browser) + Your Synth designed Drums… i’m sorry if you couldn’t count how many Drums you could get out of it !!! Because it’s infinite without actually to upload yours.

Back in the day i perfectly remember buying Sampler cost me 2 arms, 2 legs and probably more but i don’t want to be FLAG ! without any sample (i mean empty like 0 sample on it) installed on the Floppy disk, ZIP Disk, harddrive (a bit later)

You don’t have to buy expansions if you’re on a budget. check free stuff there’s plenty. + you can extracted sample from your VST like NI Battery or Whatever… make it mono 16bits / 48 and then feed for free your Analog RYTM

Template ANALOG RYTM + Overbridge : SYNC CLOCK
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/397

Overbridg’AR ABL971 Template
This is Synced Clock Template for the ANALOG RYTM
Overbridge version 1.15
Analog RYTM OS 1.31
Ableton Live 9.7.1

Contain Template with AU and VST (pick the one you prefer to working with) The first Instrument channel is the Analog RYTM OB plugin (send only - midi deactivate) Then you have 8 Audio Stream (will get audio accordingly your Overbridge Panel setup and depend of 16bits / 24 bits) so BD, SD, RS-CP, BT, LT, MT-HT, CH-OH, CY-CB + Analog RYTM Main Output (you can use it as FX Bus, Parallel Processing, Stereo Bus… it will suit your needs it up to you then)

Settings are Buffer at 64 on both Ableton Live and Overbridge if you have problem pass it at 128
Margin is at 50 (same if problem pass it at 75/100)
Template is 16bits - 441000 same in the Overbridge plugin (adapt it depend of how your working)

FIXED 2016-12-23, added a utility on each track to make dual mono a real mono signal with width : 0%