Analog Keys W/ Overbridge

Hi,

I recently got a new computer ( Mac Pro, 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, late 2013, Sierra 10.12.6) and downloaded over bridge and can’t get it working with my Analog Keys.

The over bridge control panel is telling me: Connected but incompatible OS.

My analog keys is updated to the latest firmware I believe 1.35B.

Any ideas how I can get this running?

The Moog Sub 37 editor is so stable. I would love to get my Electron device to work like that.

The later firmware versions broke compatibility with Overbridge 1 in preparation for Overbridge 2. I think 1.24 is the last firmware version that works with the first iteration of Overbridge, but maybe someone here can confirm.

Okay-- so I need to re install 1.24 to have it work? Do I also need the older over bridge control panel?

This seems like a weird thing to release.

I just want my stuff to work so I can unplug my computer from the internet as fast as possible.

1 Like

It does state on the download page and release otes that it isn’t compatible just yet and you shouldn’t download it if you need OB.

1 Like

you need Analog Keys/Four OS 1.24C and Overbridge 1.15.0

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

I see that now. I am setting up a new system and figured in the never ending list of driver’s I am downloading that newest would be best…

This might not be the place to but really, all I want is my midi to work like uh, it did ten years ago. I could care less about streaming audio via USB.

Thank you all for the helpful responses.

I may be wrong but do you even need Overbridge for just MIDI?

1 Like

Nope just plug in some midi cables like it’s 1999

2 Likes

Earlier this year I asked E tech support the same question.
They said if I wanted to use Ableton, and only to sequence, I still had to have OB running.
Also, just to run OB to have the big friendly interface, you gotta have the DAW.
All via USB.

I’m assuming he’s talking about USB midi?
Since he wrote …
“The Moog Sub 37 editor is so stable. I would love to get my Electron device to work like that.”

1 Like

I switched back to 1.24 and it works like a charm. I shouldn’t complain the nice big graphic interface is super handy. I am lucky to have such great tools but it definitely feels like sometimes things ran smoother before USB midi.

1 Like

or MIDI like it’s 2018