Analog keys - out of tune!

Hello, newbie Elektron user here :sunglasses:

I recently got a secondhand Analog Keys , and quite enjoying it . However it is out of tune!
The whole thing, all four voices are flat by nearly 2 semitones I think.
Have checked every setting and tried initialised new projects, sounds etc.
The only way to get it in tune is set master tune to 460hz .

Which is a workaround but means something is going wrong with it.

Has anyone experienced similar ?
I know here is a calibration mode but they advise you contact Elektron first , and I don’t know if it’s been done a few times already on this unit.

Also I tried to make a support ticket , but it makes me fill out address etc , which I did, and still cannot make a support ticket - is there a support email at Elektron I can get in touch with them?

Many thanks for any replies in advance.
Steve

Play with it for two hours (or let it on for the same period or time) and the recalibrate.
You shouldn’t have to do this every day, normally.
But once in a while, it’s necessary.

I recalibrate after updating the firmware or when the FM LFO is not well synchronized…

Thanks , yeah it’s consistently out of tune, no rogue oscillators or voices and always the same when I turn it on or after 5 hours
I’ll try a recalibration then . They make it sound like it’s a last resort thing to do at your risk!
I take it that recalibration isn’t that scary or bad for it unless you were doing it every day / week?
Cheers
S

Yeah I know.
It was a hard decision as well, the first time I hit this button :smile:
But it’s nothing really, if it’s warm enough.

Mine is out of tune now too. Bought it new 3 weeks ago. Suddenly presets are all over the place. I did a calibration. Made a new project. Transpose is 0. Global tune is A440. Turned it off and on. Nada!

The initialized project’s tracks are fine. As soon as I navigate presets it is out of tune.

:frowning:

You mean when you load +drive sounds it becomes out of tune ?
Nothing midi plugged ?

Yes there is a MIDI cable on input from an external keyboard. I tried both keyboards I have, same problem.

The presets, played by front panel buttons or external MIDI are not A440.

They were all A440 yesterday.