Analog Heat

Everything was over the top in the sonic state video. Imagine If everyone with analog distortion boxes did that to their music…

In order to do comparisons you need proper recording with matched levels. AH output is always higher than unprocessed so unless it’s in hands of people experienced with these studio techniques it’s hard to say much.

These boxes need to be treated with subtlety… otherwise everything sounds pushed to 11. Imagine listening to music sounding like that.

3 Likes

Yeah some volume matched dry/wet master bus examples and shootout comparisons would be a lot more helpful in hearing what this does on the master bus. I can definitely see its worth for distortion on single tracks but it just seems too cheap/too good to be true for it to be slapped on the master bus, like we’re talking about £80 per stereo distortion type. That’s super cheap for something comparable to other units for master bus saturation. I ‘want’ it to be up to the job tho, it’s a great deal it if does.

1 Like

47 posts were split to a new topic: Analog Heat and master buss processing

Also great to see the heat filter can be bypassed independantly.
Probably the number one thing I don’t like about A4/AK is that the filter can’t be bypassed.
Frustrating because I feel I can’t ever hear the complete ‘raw’ sound of the oscillators.
Even with filter opened 100% it still seems to be shaping the sound slightly.

1 Like

I just put myself in line for one through Sweetwater. They said December/January expected at this point. Sweetwater gives you candy.

Maybe by January they’ll have the Sierra issues with Overbridge sorted?

15 posts were split to a new topic: Analog Heat as MIDI interface?

Exactly. I predict people sharing music pushed to 11 to show off their heat. Personally speaking I find this would be useful for processing single instruments/stems, my main goal would not be as a master bus. But i can see the appeal for live musicians to throw it in the chain.

5 Likes

Just had a try of the AH in person. Had some drum loops and an analog keys running through it on some monitor speakers in-store. Definitely gonna be my next purchase. Possibly tomorrow even. I was really impressed with it.

1 Like

FYI I’m on the verge of buying an Elysia Karacter too. I’m on this GAS rampage.

2 Likes

Do it :slight_smile: Be interested in hearing users opinion on AH overlap/quality/what tasks each unit shines most at.

1 Like

Someone mentioned earlier about possible Analog Heat science lab (is that what the battles are called? My memory sucks…) comp? Rad idea… I definitely can’t afford to buy one atm and would be fun excuse to focus on my Elektron gear on a track…
Maybe mods can pass the suggestion forward?

6 posts were split to a new topic: Handsomeaudio Zulu

It would’ve been so cool if Elektron made the CV ins of the AH alternatively function as CV outs. Since the AH already has an envelope and LFO, it would’ve been much more useful for me to be able to use them to modulate other gear with the AH. I was picturing the envelope/LFO of the AH modulating the parameters of the Elysia Karacter. That could be such an awesome pairing if this were possible.

To be honest i didn’t get it when Elektron announced the Analog Heat, but lately after messing around with some distortion AU effects on my master, things sounds way better with some Subtile distortion added. I also found that adding an “ADT” effect “Automatic Double Tracking” like the Soundtoys Microshift on the master, takes it to another level, and i managed to actually finish tracks now!! Something was always missing and i was stuck messing with the Same loop.

If i were Elektron, i would have called the produkt “Elektron Analog Finalizer” and I would have included a Compressor, ADT, Distortion, EQ, Filter, “Mono maker” and a Limiter/Maximizer, kind of like a Hardware iZotope Ozone device, but next level. Now, That product would have been highly versatile and would have the opportunity to reach a far wider market, outside the “Elektron world”.

2 Likes

Hahaha such a device existing under 10000 euro you can find that :slight_smile:
That’s called a chain of Elysia Nvelope + Distressor + Fatso or Analog Heat + Avalon VT737
TC finalizer is kind of OK… :slight_smile:
UAD is more affordable in home studio :stuck_out_tongue:
(I dream about that analog chain device thought but i let that to Professional Studio) :airplane: :credit_card:

1 Like

elysia nvelope + carakter + xpressor + xfilter
in a 500er rack
complete stereo
about 4000 bucks
seems payable

1 Like

Yes but only Elysia… but yes … :slight_smile:

no user experience yet?

2 Likes

My wife just mailed me this nice picture :heat:

need patience, must resist , work till 17:00h :evil: