Analog Heat for as a guitar pedal

that’s bad news… my AK’s latency is pretty bad too. thanks!

thanks for the feedback.
It’s hard to find informations on circuits differences
Did you use a DI with the Analog Heat?
AH input are not designed for guitar impedance.

Not at all, straight in heat, Max input. :slight_smile:
Better than AD for certain circuits, in same conditions. I prefer AH’s Round Fuzz than AD’s harmonic Fuzz.
I tried a booster LPB1, it was worse.
I’ll try with an Art Tube DI, not sure if it’s much better !

I have used the Heat as a guitar pedal but not direct, I ran my guitar into a Vox Tonelab pedal first as it has stereo outs, then ran the output into the Heat to boost the signal and so I could use it in stereo. I had the Vox set to clean and used the distortion circuits on the Heat. It sounds awesome, I’ve very happy with it.

1 Like

Frequency response of the signal can be very diffrent if the input impedance is not significantly higher than the source impedance.
thanks for the feedback, i think i’ll go for the AH very soon :slight_smile:

thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Guitar in AH only, processed by Octatrack.
No samples.

6 Likes

Man that is some awesome sounding guitar. Just into the heat . Can you give me more details about what the Octatrack was doing … Did you have a thru track ? What effects?

Much more delails here :

Don’t hesite to ask more question on the above topic. :wink:

1 Like

What kind of guitr is that?

Lapstick - the ultimate travel guitar

https://www.lapstick.com/travel-guitar.php

Love what you’re playing. So damn funky :rofl:

1 Like

how much do i have to spend for such kind of guitar?

i found sth like this, what would you recommend?

Above guitar is nylon, very different.
Mine has a different scale, A tuning. It can be changed with gauges. Around 500€ 10 years ago, high quality with inboard preamp / headphones. Actually it opened my mind to different tunings, and a simple transpose is ok.
Now I have a B tuning 6 string bass, B tuning open tuning for a guitar, 6 strings A tuning Guitalele… and I want a baritone with A tuning, a Bass VI with one octave down E tuning…

2 Likes

how are you able to use such low string on a such a short scale? doesn’t it go totally oit of tune as you go up the fretboard? and arent the string loose like spaghetti?

B tuning on guitar ? (Strato like) I used a baritone strings set…
Now I have an 8 strings guitar…

wait - i’m confused - are you talking about the lapstick or just a bunch of different guitars? i thought you meant you had your lapstick as a baritone

Ah ok! I was talking about the different tunings I have with a bunch of guitars. My Lapstick has a regular tension, A tuned, as a regular guitar with capo on 5th fret. Some use stronger gauge with E tuning but I think I wouldn’t like it.

And on the videos the Lapstick is pitched down by Octatrack! :content:

ah i see, now it makes sense! i play mostly baritone A-A