Analog Four MKII out now!

Probably! The distortion is after all quite different, so it makes sense to make some specific sound packs that make use of it. However, @Dataline is the person to ask about this.

3 Likes

thanks for the clarification!

yes of course - there will be sound packs for the AFmkII.

3 Likes

Iā€™m curious to know if the overall tone of the mk II is different than the tone of a mk I - IME the A4 mk I excels at stuff that you want to be ā€œbackgroundā€ in the mixā€¦ If this aspect changes significantly, it could warrant getting two A4ā€™s, one for each mk!

1 Like

From @cuckoomusic video it seems if youā€™re leaning on filter Q and drive a lot then they are fairly different tonally.

1 Like

The MKII is a lot bassier, and the highs are richer as well. There is more definition in the sound now. It works equally well in the back of a mix as in the front. Have a listen to the sound examples. :slight_smile:

Personally, I am blown away by the tone of the MKII - I am a sucker for details.

7 Likes

My headphones and Monitors told me thatā€™s one is for meā€¦ clearly jump on it again. Iā€™m waiting for AR MKII now to order both at the same timeā€¦ But these enhancements wow so cool :stuck_out_tongue:

:tada:

THANKS ELEKTRON

will choose between OT MKII and TORAIZ when Pioneer will post the content of the next firmwareā€¦ but those three will be huge like a plane board in the studio hahaha, well but I donā€™t care I will sleep on it

1 Like

Man, even if Iā€™ve said that Iā€™ll go the way of the dirty trinity, this kind of diffs might eventually turn me to the grey trinity side as well :3lektron:

The A4 mk I is already a great ā€œdesert islandā€ synthā€¦ and now if the sonic pallette expands even moreā€¦!!!111

I heard tone and details and very focus on this kind of things ā€¦ No problem with the dark trinity, but these enhancements in the bass territory is very welcome as well as sampling in the AR MK2, my missing points is all covered now :stuck_out_tongue: and I will stick to Elektron for way more years nowā€¦ Glad to make the jump and sold my MK1 also for the renew of the 3 years warranty :wink:

only one month left to wait and YEAH, bank account will be smoked !

1 Like

Iā€˜ll get one. I just donā€˜t know it yet.

11 Likes

Ha ha kind of where Iā€™m at!

Outpouts pre or post fx ?

This ā€˜richnessā€™ in a simple sound (first played in unison, then in a chord) is what Iā€™m talking about:
wav (24-bit 96khz) mp3 (v0)

(A simple dual oscillator w/ 1oct sub, and a little PWM patch, no distortion used, recorded straight from main output into RME Fireface UC at 24-bit 96khz, no effects or EQ.)

5 Likes

Separate outs are without effects since the effects are sends. Main Outputs are with effects.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to then have the main outs mirror OB behavior where they only send the send FX?

Stop it @Ess. I donā€™t need a repeat of yesterdayā€™s octatrack shenanigansā€¦ I canā€™t cave in again

Ooooh- I got goosebumps from that sound! I wasnā€™t planning on desiring this!

1 Like

You can already do this.

2 Likes

I noticed that the separate outs are stereo jacks:

4 Ɨ Ā¼" separate stereo voice output

and wondered why, if they are sent without effects?

HMMM! Will have to give this a go then!

1 Like