Analog Four MKII out now!

After having a quick check on manual I doubt there will be OS compatibility between MKI and MKII :slight_smile:

What makes you think that? Just curious…

?? you mean there is much more diffs than just added cv inputs and two macro knobs?

Mainly the UI :slight_smile: Hey, it was just a quick look, I may be wrong.

The UI is quite different to be sure, but most of the controls were already available before, just “hidden” under a key combo shortcut. Now stuff has more dedicated buttons.

MKI/MKII OS is not compatible, but they will be updated alongside each other.

It was such a joy to make demos for this; the sound improvements are vast!

11 Likes

Will you be branching out the A4 soundpacks in the future to differentiate between mk I & mk II versions?

Probably! The distortion is after all quite different, so it makes sense to make some specific sound packs that make use of it. However, @Dataline is the person to ask about this.

3 Likes

thanks for the clarification!

yes of course - there will be sound packs for the AFmkII.

3 Likes

I’m curious to know if the overall tone of the mk II is different than the tone of a mk I - IME the A4 mk I excels at stuff that you want to be “background” in the mix… If this aspect changes significantly, it could warrant getting two A4’s, one for each mk!

1 Like

From @cuckoomusic video it seems if you’re leaning on filter Q and drive a lot then they are fairly different tonally.

1 Like

The MKII is a lot bassier, and the highs are richer as well. There is more definition in the sound now. It works equally well in the back of a mix as in the front. Have a listen to the sound examples. :slight_smile:

Personally, I am blown away by the tone of the MKII - I am a sucker for details.

7 Likes

My headphones and Monitors told me that’s one is for me… clearly jump on it again. I’m waiting for AR MKII now to order both at the same time… But these enhancements wow so cool :stuck_out_tongue:

:tada:

THANKS ELEKTRON

will choose between OT MKII and TORAIZ when Pioneer will post the content of the next firmware… but those three will be huge like a plane board in the studio hahaha, well but I don’t care I will sleep on it

1 Like

Man, even if I’ve said that I’ll go the way of the dirty trinity, this kind of diffs might eventually turn me to the grey trinity side as well :3lektron:

The A4 mk I is already a great “desert island” synth… and now if the sonic pallette expands even more…!!!111

I heard tone and details and very focus on this kind of things … No problem with the dark trinity, but these enhancements in the bass territory is very welcome as well as sampling in the AR MK2, my missing points is all covered now :stuck_out_tongue: and I will stick to Elektron for way more years now… Glad to make the jump and sold my MK1 also for the renew of the 3 years warranty :wink:

only one month left to wait and YEAH, bank account will be smoked !

1 Like

I‘ll get one. I just don‘t know it yet.

11 Likes

Ha ha kind of where I’m at!

Outpouts pre or post fx ?

This ‘richness’ in a simple sound (first played in unison, then in a chord) is what I’m talking about:
wav (24-bit 96khz) mp3 (v0)

(A simple dual oscillator w/ 1oct sub, and a little PWM patch, no distortion used, recorded straight from main output into RME Fireface UC at 24-bit 96khz, no effects or EQ.)

5 Likes