Analog Four & Minitaur

Hi guys!

Does someone use this machines together?

I want to control the Minitaur via the A4, how can I do it?

I tried to sequence it from the cv track but it didn’t work.

Could you help me? Thanks

There are dozens of similar threads already. Maybe the missing link can be read there. But you’d help yourself by saying what it is that’s not working and what you’ve tried. Have you got the right cable or are you working around that correctly. There are two pairs of CV channels, for basic sequencing you need two channels, one pair or one from each pair. One for Pitch, one for Gate, then you need to set up the correct A4 CV channels for V/Oct Hz/V for pitch and V-Trig for gate

Does the Minitaur use Hz/V? I thought it was V/Oct? I’m about to hook one up myself, and I have other gear working fine with the CV and AK.

The problem is that I never used cv triggering before and it seems to be very complex… is there another way to send patterns and parameters values on it?

The 4 CV channels on the A4 can actually send V/Oct (eurorack and Moog) and Hz/V (Korg, Yamaha vintage gear)

Right…so…I guess it is V/Oct for the Minitaur.

It’s really not as bad as it first seems. Just go step by step and if you get caught up, try the search function or ask members for help. Once you get it done once it becomes pretty easy. Here’s the setup video:

It’s really not as bad as it first seems. Just go step by step and if you get caught up, try the search function or ask members for help. Once you get it done once it becomes pretty easy. Here’s the setup video:

[/quote]
Thanks Donato

Does the Minitaur use Hz/V? I thought it was V/Oct? I’m about to hook one up myself, and I have other gear working fine with the CV and AK.[/quote]
My bad - early post and i’m toying only with my Korg at the moment - all my other stuff is V/Oct and I knew the Moog was - just typed the wrong thing out

what’s complex about it ? … if you can explain that, then you can get help, if you actually need it, what have you tried ?

CV only, but you don’t need to use pitch/gate to have fun … stick to the simple way in first
what cables do you have ?

I used a balanced 1/4 jack, then i tried with a mono one
)maybe I gotta use a Y one)

[quote="“Abacom”"]

)maybe I gotta use a Y one)[/quote]

[quote="“Abacom”"]

)maybe I gotta use a Y one)[/quote]
The new elektron CV splitter looks nice
each pair is meant to be separated with a Y cable (like above or Elektron’s)
but you can do this with two normal cables
just use the Tip (probably CV A) and ground CVB (i.e. no settings)
same for C and D
set A for Pitch and C for gate (pitch to pitch and gate to gate)

oh cool this is what i am dreaming of doing lol
i’m also interested to know if the new analog sequencer from Electro-Harmonix would rock with either of these two… or both

Maybe you meant B for gate?

[quote="“Abacom”"]

Maybe you meant B for gate?[/quote]
No. I didn’t. Unless you have the right splitter cable which you don’t. That strategy is for using two normal TS to TS cables, one in each CV outlet

ok guys,

now it seems to work but there is a problem:

using a Y cable the setting is:

cv a = gate and goes to the gate in of the Mtaur

cv b = pitch v/oct and goes to the cv pitch input of the Mtaur

one time it works. i press stop
the second time it doesn’t…

I’m using a stereo to dual mono cable, so I use cv a and b

Please @matteocandura :okej:

You were advised on cross-posting just last week, please only ask the question once in the appropriate thread, otherwise things get very messy and hard for everyone to follow. Especially for moderators directing people to the best answers

Have a look through the guidelines

The above question is being answered on another thread, so can you edit the above please :thup:

came across this for computer free patch changing of the 100 internal memories, since my only Minitaur gripe is the blind patch changing (without computer/ipad)

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MIDIMoused?adpos=1o3&creative=146356081826