Analog Four/Keys OS 1.35: bug discussion

I’m 3!!! I sent tickets. Silent. I have in test mode, gives an error. A very unpleasant moment. I’m not even in the mood for work. This is the most interesting - perfomance!

Scale menu, all entries: Func + Track Level knob is counting upwards instead of downwards when turning to the left.

Not sure how it has been before the update (have the device only a short time):

Pressing several (e.g. 3) trigger buttons in grid record mode simultaneously can clear accidently the complete settings on one trigger. Holding several buttons can be used to copy multiple triggers and paste somewhere else or to change any p-locks for all triggers at the same time. This is a great feature. It seems that this is working in the correct way if I press and hold the buttons each after the other. Pressing three buttons “at the same time” causes this problem.

Can someone confirm that this is a bug?

Had strange behaviour of loosing last kits and patterns after saving a project and was looking if this is a bug or my mistake. I saw now:

Press project-button long gets me to list of projects and to load a project. (It comes the message “Any changes will be lost - proceed with loading? y/n”. I haven’t read it carefully and thought it would just be a warning that I am going to overwrite the selected project and that I am saving the project - which would be helpful there, too, btw)

Press func + project (= save project) too quick together could also lead to the load menu (already a bug). Cancel with no. Press func, hold it, after a short time press project. Sometimes it gets into the load menu again instead of the save menu. This behaviour is a bit buggy.

I would suggest beside fixing the buggy button behaviour:

• add a warning message before overwriting an existing project
  • add a headline with “load” or “save” at the top of the project list to make it more clear

At the moment I am glad that I found the reason for loosing kits and patterns.

1 Like

When I hold a trig to show its parameters, the mini keyboard is showing a dim LED a few octaves below whatever note I have p-locked. Not affecting playback but it probably shouldn’t be there, unless it has a purpose of course…

1 Like

On the OSC2 page 2 screen, I can only set ‘MET’ on the SMD option. Seems like 1-2 / 2-1 are completely missing.

Can anyone else verify this?

Also, is it safe to downgrade? Unfortunately I’ve already saved a few projects with 1.35 so I guess I shouldn’t load those on an earlier OS

Edit: Tried downgrading and got ‘NVRAM restore failed’ and then ‘Error Loading’ on projects saved with 1.35. Apart from that it seems ok but I upgraded again to have access to my newest projects. I guess I’ve got to wait for the next bug fix release.

Edit 2: I found a fix for this by simply loading a preset patch that uses one of the missing options, in my case I used the ‘Snakecharmer’ patch from the factory content. And the missing options magically appear for all tracks!

Oh man, - it’s really sad to see how sloppy bug fix releases are done nowadays at Elektron. All reported regressions/bugs here should be easy to catch by QA :frowning:

So support have been unable to recreate any of the bugs I’ve reported this past week or so, and they don’t seem to be treating them as bugs. Yet they only seem to be testing with clean projects on the latest OS…

I won’t be too hard on them as its holiday season and they released 7 OS’s at once, but breaking existing features and not acknowledging it is not the way forward. Everyone that upgrades is going to have older projects, why aren’t Elektron testing properly?

Hi Guys,

i tried to setup my Performance Mode right.
But i Can’t see the Track Names directly in
the Performance Mode Screen.
(T1-T4) !!?!?!
OS 1.35

Hopefully you guys can help me…

thx a lot… :slight_smile:

MVIMG_20180722_205506

Another weird regression behaviour on mk.1…

When ‘long pressing’ a button to reveal its parameter values (OSC1, OSC2, ENV, LFO), the page switches too, effectively meaning you are seeing the parameters from the other page. Easy workaround is to double press when wanting to view values but it can get very confusing sometimes.

Hi guys,

I have same problem. Track doesn’t appear on perf configure mode on MKII for old and new project :frowning:

Do you guys created a support ticket ? Is it a known bug ?

Thanks you all.

When using ‘page paste’ on mk.1 , the paste button is on autofire, meaning when you hold the paste button it cycles the paste/undo paste rapidly.

Not a hardware issue as track copy/paste, and trig copy/paste work fine on my unit. Its literally just the page paste that has this behaviour.

I can confirm that this issue was previously there in 1.24 too, it’s not nice if your finger dwells just a little too long , so in order to get it tidied up it’d make sense to send in a support ticket

2 Likes

I’ve already got a few tickets open including this, which is definitely confirmed by support too.

1 Like

I too can confirm the missing track name in performance mode along with direct start and direct jump not working on old projects started before the 1.35 update (it does work on new projects started after 1.35 update.)
Is anyone experiencing the following; when long holding a trigger button in record mode in order to adjust/add parameter locks it seems to erase all the parameter locks on that trigger.
I have started a ticket but if anyone has any insight they can share if it is a bug or user error I would definitely appreciate the help.
gracias!

No track modulation destination available for performance macros.

New to the A4 mkll and didn’t realize this was a bug until I made a post about it last night in the A4 forum. But this is just fucking stupid. I wonder how many other bugs I’ve been unknowingly dealing with because I thought it was user error.

2 Likes

I also have this bug on my one-day-old MK2. I also have noticed that when I sequence the note C6 it does not lit up when I hold down the trigger. Instead note C5 lits up. Is this a bug?

Anyone else experiencing the ENV DEP bug for ENV F and ENV 2? When adjusting Envelop Depth to negative value the display does not indicate or read negative values until it reaches (-1.00). So a value of (-0.67) will read out (0.67).

Hello everybody, I’m going crazy !
In the modulation setup (perf mode and expression pedal)I’m not able to specify which track i want to be affected by de knob. I mean, it seems to be very easy but on my A4 there is just the paramater (Amp decay etc) and the “knob” to adjust the amplitude of the modulation.
I give you this link if i’m not enough accurate for you :

It seems like its shown by default but on mine not… I spent some hours and can’t find the solution ! :frowning:
Thanks you