Analog Four Help Needed

Recently I got an Analog Four. I think it’s great but I have a few questions:

1. Is there a shortcut (or any way) of resetting a knob to its default value (zero, center pan or similar) on the Analog Four? E.g. if I’ve turned DEP (Filter1 EnvF Depth) in the filter page and then want to return to zero quickly.

2. Is it possible to assign the two filters of each voice to different oscillators of the same voice? E.g. Filter1 (low-pass) to Osc1 with its sub-oscillator and Filter2 (band-stop) to Osc2 without its sub-oscillator.

3. Is there any workaround to the initial patch not being zeroed out? E.g. when clearing a track sound, I really want it to be cleared, not having Filter2 set to Frequency cutoff 20 and Resonance 20.

Thanks.

1 )hold FN and turn the knob…it will jump.
2 dont know
3 nope, this is the default setting… however, you can build yourself an init patch that you like, and just load this as a new sound

Take a look at this thread and see if it zeros out the way you like.

As far as the init patch not being zeroed out and having some volume attached to velocity, I just changed those parameters to suitable zeroeness and saved a patch called “GC INIT” GC being my initials. I call it up easy as pie and if I make something I like, it’s easy as peanuts to not save over the “GC INIT” patch by just chosing another slot and renaming it.

1 Like

No. Check page 6 or Appendix E of the manual.

Thanks, it’s a good enough starting point. Although it’d be great if it was possible to adjust the init patch, the clear track sound.

Yes, keeping Function pressed while turning a knob makes the parameter value jump to relevant positions, which is a step forward but not exactly what I’m looking for.
I would like Function + pressing of a knob to return to the preassigned value to the parameter defined by a customizable init patch…

Point2
Not possible due to the hardware architecture:

1 Like

No. Check page 6 or Appendix E of the manual.[/quote]
Yeah , thanks. What a pity.

1 Like

The reason cutoff and resonance is reset to these values is that they will give the flattest frequency response. So if you want the filters to do nothing, those are the values you want, not zero.

1 Like

I dunno, I think that is true for F1, “the flattest response is reached when resonance is somewhere around 25, which is also the default value.” While F2 is completely bypassed, unaffected, by settings like “HP2 at minimum frequency, no resonance.” (Above is taken from the official Reference Manual for OS 1.21.)

1 Like

I dunno, I think that is true for F1, “the flattest response is reached when resonance is somewhere around 25, which is also the default value.” While F2 is completely bypassed, unaffected, by settings like “HP2 at minimum frequency, no resonance.” (Above is taken from the official Reference Manual for OS 1.21.)[/quote]
Ah. Yeah, that section was what I was thinking of, so I was wrong. In that case I agree that it is odd that F2 isn’t completely bypassed by default.